Problems with Hitachi 57F710A - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-11-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Recently I started having problems with my Hitachi 57F710A tv, one day the red picture tube started turning off then it would turn back on for a short period of time and then stay on for a while, now it is to the point of not turning on at all. I'm thinking it is the picture tube itself that needs to be replaced. I curious in hearing other people that have had this problem and what the actual fix was before I shell out close to $300 for a new picture tube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-12-2012, 01:48 PM

could be something as simple as a loose socket at the base of the tube if you can see if it is fitting snug. I doubt it is the tube itself. Trying to help I am a tech been in business for 25 years and we service all major brands and a warranty station for most.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-12-2012, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

I checked that last night, took the socket off and put it back on. Fits snug and tube still off. I was wondering if I can attach the socket from one of the tubes I know is working to test the tube to see if it is working?
post #4 of 4 Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 AM

yes you can please be careful. Also forgot to mention check the high voltage lead, MAKE SURE SET IS OFF AND UNPLUGGED FROM AC LINE
CAN YOU SEE THE HEATERS IN THE CRT NECKS GLOWING FAINT ORANGE COULD ALSO BE A BAD SOLDER JOINT ON THE CRT CIRCUIT BOARD
I BELIEVE I MAY BE ABLE TO SEND YOU A SERVICE BOOK PDF AND NOT GET IN TROUBLE
TRY THIS WEB PAGE www.schematicsforfree.com they may have schematic for download.
if you have a high voltage probe you can check for high voltage to that crt again be careful if I remember correctly voltage around 20000 volts ZAP
swapping the crt boards to see if working is good idea have done so myself but please my friend be careful electricity is a spirit can't see it
but zap! So many possiblities of what caused your problem
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page