Samsung DLP TV HL-R4667W - GREY SCREEN PROBLEM - HELP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-12-2012, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

My friend's Samsung DLP TV HL-R4667W is about six years old. Replaced the bulb a month or so ago as it was going, however, prior to replacing the bulb the TV had developed an issue that has continued since the bulb was replaced. Namely, when you turn it on the screen is completely grey and then over the course of the next 15 minutes or so, the picture slowly appears until it's perfect. While the screen is grey, the TVs menu system displays in perfect colour, like the mute visible in the pictures below. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas what's causing the problem and if so, what is the fix, and is it an easy fix/worth fixing on a six year old TV?

The following pictures were taking over a span of 15 minutes and appear in chronological order.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

I'm open to guesses if anyone isn't exactly sure? I can research from there. Thanks.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewpg1ca View Post

I'm open to guesses if anyone isn't exactly sure? I can research from there. Thanks.

Your first step should always be to search the internet for "HL-R4667W service manual download". Should be available for free.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-17-2012, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, looked in the manual, no luck. Someone else has suggested the board is probably shot.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-29-2012, 01:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Color wheels are the first place to look, but I can't see this being that, unless someone else has seen the same thing. Can wee assume it is all inputs including the internal tuner and viewing the menu?

It's obviously a 'thermal' issue. As the bad part(s) warms up, it stabilizes. The trick to find it is using a 'freeze' spray, isolating small sections of the video process section(s) of any board(s) involved.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page