Proscan PS65000 will not turn on - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hopefully I have the correct forum.

I have a Proscan PS65000 RPTV manufactured by Thomson Multimedia Inc. in Dec 2000. This model has Chassis No. DTV307GA. I am trying to troubleshoot a failure to power on. When the power button is pressed, its LED turns green, like normal, but the display remains dark. After several seconds the power button LED turns off and the system enters a repetitive cycle where it attempts to turn on every 3 seconds or so. In each attempt there is a brief high-pitched chirp and the 2 visible cooling fans in the tv chassis turn on briefly and then turn off again. It remains in this cycle until I unplug the system. During visual inspection, I found a misplaced metallic cover approximately 2" x 3" lying near the fuse on what I'll refer to as the 'main' PCB (part # 1553100B). This PCB lies horizontally on the bottom of the tv chassis and adjacent to the DTC-100 (DirecTV receiver) box. The PCB labels in this area included 'HOT/COLD' and components included a fuse and couple of wire-wound devices (transformers?).

I have read a few posts on the web concerning the DM1 tuner (embedded in this tv) and its power supply. It seems there is a tendency for the diodes and caps to fail. I visually inspected what I believe to be the power supply card (part # RCA PCB PS1T MFR: TCE 1531672I) and I do not see any obvious capacitor issues (swelling or discoloration).

I tried to locate a service manual at the links recommended in this forum without success.

If anyone in this forum has any suggestions or advice to offer as to what the most common power on issues for this system are, or where I might locate a service manual, I would be very grateful.

GO ROCKIES !!
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page