Mitsubishi WD73842 Or something different ??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-06-2013, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everyone,

I am very new to this site, and I hope that I am posting right. My wife and I are in the market for a new tv. We live in Massachusetts and found a great store named Paul's TV. They are billed as the KING OF BIG SCREENS here in Massachusetts.

Anyway, I found this Mitsubishi WD73842 tv that I really like. It does come with a built in sound bar. The bundle we are thinking about getting will be:

Mitsubishi WD73842
Black TV Stand
4 Pairs of 3D glasses
Blue Ray- DVD player
WiFi adaptor
$250.00 in Gift Cards
Delivery and Set Up

All for the price of $1900.00. That price includes tax

My wife is worried because she doesn't know much about DLP tvs. Also everyone we talk to about this says its not a good tv. I on the other hand think that they have a great picture, and the price seems great for a 73' inch tv. What I have found is you have to do a TON of playing around to get the perfect picture. I am not very good at doing things like that, so I am sorta worried.

The other choice is:

Toshiba 65" LCD 1080p 120 Hz HDTV, 65HT2U
Blue Ray- DVD, Smart TV converter

For the price of $1350.00

Whatever we buy would be going into our living room until my " Man Cave " is done.

Any help that you could offer would be great. . . .

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
I personally hate the picture on an LCD, I own two of those and have owned DLP's since 2005.
I watch very little on the LCD - 40" and 37".
I did have a 55" Toshiba LCD 120 hz. and gave it to my brother.
Current DLP is 65" and I have a 73" coming in a day or so.

There really isn't any "playing" around to get a nice picture, a lot of folks want a perfect picture and will go to all lengths to get it.
Just depends on your tastes smile.gif
post #3 of 6 Old 01-06-2013, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hello,

We would be using the TV for watching sports, and movies on the DVD player. I would also be using it for PS3.

I like the idea of having no lag in the picture. So I know that DLP is the best for no lag picture. That is a huge plus for me.

I guess the biggest problem for me at this point is. . . . Our living room has a pretty big bay window and has a good amount of natural light that comes in during the day. I have been told that DLP tvs are not good in the light. So that would be a problem.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I have a 65 inch, and my friend got the 73 840 last year. His room has a large bay window to your right as you're watching TV with no curtains or blinds and the TV does fine. YMMV

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM

Liked: 11
I have an LCD panel, and a 65 inch Mitsubishi DLP purchased from Paul's TV here in Avon MA. We use the DLP as our Primary set people have commented many times about the fantastic picture the DLP set has. If the room the set is being used primarily in has a lot of window light directly on the screen is going to detract from viewing pleasure.
The bang for the buck you receive with a DLP set is still one of the best. Have you viewed the sets and played with the settings in the showroom very much?
post #6 of 6 Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hello,

I haven't had a chance to play with the settings in the store. The sales person in the Warwick, RI store was very helpful and took a ton of time to explain the TV the best he could.

I really did like the picture of the DLP in the store. I am not sure if they had someone do the settings so it looked so nice but, the picture was great.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page