Samsung DLP HLT6156WX/XAA blurry after DMD Chip replacement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I replaced the DMD Chip in my old Samsung today. I watched videos and read as much information as I could take in before loosening the first screw. I tried to follow every instruction to the 'T', but now the 'No Signal' pic is blurry. The chip that was in it was 1910-6103W, and the one I bought as a replacement is 1910-6143W. I thought it might be the wrong chip, so I put the old one back in, and got the same blurry picture (including all of the white spots that warranted the chip replacement). I thought it to be the screws with the springs in them, but the guys on Youtube just hammered those bad boys in with a drill. I wore latex gloves, and I am 100% sure that I did not touch anything I wasn't supposed to.

I have adjusted in every way that I can see possible, and it will not budge from the blurry picture. I have now found the 'Service Menu', and I am wondering if it is possible for me to correct this problem. It is obviously something I did during the replacement, but I cannot find the thread that shows me the way.

Do I need to pay someone to adjust and/or calibrate the TV? I don't want to be wasting my time with something that is out of my league. Next step is to put it out in the garage with the 2 46" RCAs that warped years ago.

HELP!

Many Thanks in advance for any tips or pointers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-06-2013, 05:48 PM

Please let me know if you find the fix. I will be replacing the chip on mine very soon.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

I did resolve this on my own.

I am not sure what it is called, but there is a dial behind the main board. It's not really visible, and I don't know what it is called, but I had to dial it clockwise until the screen came back in focus.

It is pretty much perfect now. I made no other adjustments. I have to assume that the new chip just required a little different focus than the old one.

If your TV is the exact same model as mine, then let me know if you need some pointers. It was pretty much as straight-forward as the videos I watched on YouTube. I had never done it before, but if you take your time and make sure you put everything back like you found it, it is pretty darn easy.

I paid about $185 for the chip, and it was going to cost me around $600 to have a man come out and do it.

I did not need the Service Menu at all, though I do plan to play around with it just for the knowledge.

Good Luck!
post #4 of 6 Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 AM

Hello, i have the same problem but i cannot find the dial you spoke of? Any help would be great thanks!
post #5 of 6 Old 02-22-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

If you place the base of your palm on the top of the main board where the chip was replaced and extend toward the lens, you will feel a gear like object with your fingertips. In this position, you should be able to turn the gear with your fingertips. Mine was pretty hard to turn initially, but once I got it moving I was able to turn it clockwise until the picture was sparkling clear.

Good Luck!
post #6 of 6 Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 AM

Ok thanks for the tip !
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page