Fix JVC HD61Z575 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have a JVC HD61Z575. The lamp broke 2 weeks ago. I replaced it with a Philip lamp. It feels like a new TV until yesterday.

The TV would turn on for a minute (with image) then the power will shut down with Power and Lamp LEDs flashing simultaneously. I've verified:

- Lamp is OK
- Installation is OK
- Lamp cap is closed

Any chance I can still make this TV work?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by parodielin View Post

I have a JVC HD61Z575. The lamp broke 2 weeks ago. I replaced it with a Philip lamp. It feels like a new TV until yesterday.

The TV would turn on for a minute (with image) then the power will shut down with Power and Lamp LEDs flashing simultaneously. I've verified:

- Lamp is OK
- Installation is OK
- Lamp cap is closed

Any chance I can still make this TV work?

Thanks!

Lamp and Power simultaneous flash can be two things, a "ballast problem" or lamp door.

Check the switch behind the lamp door and make sure that the part of the door that operates it is hitting it properly. Since your problem seems to recur, it's doubtful that a mechanical problem like this is the source of the problem.

I would check the lamp connector on the lamp housing and the inside of the tv and make sure that they are making firm contact with the wires from the ballast. They take a lot of heat and can char and just fall apart. Also check the fan(s) that cool the lamp and make sure that they aren't clogged with dirt. There's a thermal switch just above the lamp that might be tripping after the lamp area heats up.

The ballasts on these also tend to collect dust which can't be good for it. It doesn't generate a lot of heat but it is in the cooling path of one of the fans.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Right now I only opened the front to access the lamp. To access the ballast, I would need to open the back. I am thinking since the tv would operate normal for one minute, it could mean the ballast ignite the lamp but somehow the lamp goes off.

I went into the service manual and did a system check. The fan is ok but there are a few NGs. I will post a pic tomorrow.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page