Problem: Samsung DLP turns off after a few minutes and three flashing lights then occur.
Steps I have already done:
(1) New color wheel was replaced yesterday - Samsung tv was whining and getting louder, although the picture was still very good. I also replaced the larger fan since it was making some noise also.
(2) The lamp was replaced today - Old Samsung lamp had 27,000+hours on it (really). The back case is all attached so the kill switch is properly seated (that little blue arm in the back).
(3) Upon resetting the lamp hours to zero via the remote, the tv started cycling on/off for about 6-7 times.
(4) I read on the AVS forum while this was happening to unplug the tv and wait for about 5 minutes, then plug it back in and hit the power on the tv, not the remote. The audio came on then, but no picture, and now the three flashing lights are blinking (timer, lamp, temp) and then the tv would eventually power off. That being said, it made me believe there was a lamp issue - but it is brand new today.
(5) AVS forum then suggested to re-seat the lamp - I did that and the picture came up, but only for about 1 min and then it powered off and the three flashing lights are back on.
HELP NEEDED Please: I have it now unplugged and am baffled at what to do next. I dread calling a "Samsung certified repairman" given it will probably cost hundreds that I don't have. I really love this tv and would appreciate your help in extending this tv via "AVS CPR" for another few years until I finish grad school.