50VS69A Hitachi software updates - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In trying to resolve an HDMI connection issue on my 50VS69A Hitachi LCD unit, I have downloaded the software file Version 0109.0001 from Hitachi website. I extracted the zipped software file to an SD card, verified file on SD card then inserted to update slot on TV.

Following the instructions to reset software, I highlighted than selected Upgrade Now but I do not get the progress bar nor any indications the card is being read. After removing the SD card and unplugging the TV two times, I still do not get indications or progress bar field.

Are there any suggestions on troubleshooting the software update process?

Hitachi customer service repeated instructions I followed and do not have MMC or SD cards with pre-loaded software.

Thanks for any suggestions.
VS69A-Software-update.pdf 369k .pdf file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VS69A-Software-update.pdf (369.5 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfoot View Post

In trying to resolve an HDMI connection issue on my 50VS69A Hitachi LCD unit, I have downloaded the software file Version 0109.0001 from Hitachi website. I extracted the zipped software file to an SD card, verified file on SD card then inserted to update slot on TV.

Following the instructions to reset software, I highlighted than selected Upgrade Now but I do not get the progress bar nor any indications the card is being read. After removing the SD card and unplugging the TV two times, I still do not get indications or progress bar field.

Are there any suggestions on troubleshooting the software update process?

Hitachi customer service repeated instructions I followed and do not have MMC or SD cards with pre-loaded software.

Thanks for any suggestions.
VS69A-Software-update.pdf 369k .pdf file

I am on 0103.0001 and have not had any problems, so I've not looked into an upgrade.

With upgrades that I have done on other makes of TV, and reading others' experiences at AVS, it seems that formatting of the media is critical. If the card was first installed in a camera for instance, it might have ended up formatted in a way specific to that camera. I expect also that the naming of the upgrade file would have to be precise, and whether it's in a folder or not, for example, might make a difference.

I would also remove all inputs to the tv including RF and hdmi before trying the upgrade.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Chuck,

I also presently have V0103.0001 and attempted to update software to address an HDMI audio drop issue. The unit is connected to D*tv HD receiver model H24 via new HDMI cable and lose audio if tv and receiver are powered on at same time. Video is no problem and H24 was swapped with another unit and have same audio issue. Old HD rcvr model H20 was ok for audio but not as good video signal and had limited receiver functionality.

To fix audio drop, full reset of D*tv receiver works but is lengthy, disconnecting HDMI cable from receiver and reconnecting also works but both units must be on. Powering tv first then starting receiver works but timing is sensitive, sometimes 30 seconds but sometimes closer to 60 seconds is better. Video signal appears then both video and audio "refreshes" and audio signal is there.

SDHC card is new and was not in camera before. Like you, I think issue is in formatting or file name type but have not found the problem yet. I deleted original download then reloaded file from Hitachi site with same results. File name is WEMP 1091.F03 and I see the binary code when I open the SD card.
I found some older threads suggesting new TV software to fix HDMI version incompatibility on older HD tv which led me to the update. Some users indicated the MMC cards were provided by Hitachi but customer service supervisor did not find record of this.

Good suggestion on removing the cable inputs before trying the upgrades, I'll try that tonite.

Thanks for the feedback and appreciate your time.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

I am still troubleshooting software updates on Hitachi 50VS69A LCD if there are any suggestions or previous experiences. Removing all cables from TV and selecting Upgrade Now function does not work, removing and downloading new software to SD card has no effect.

Any recommendations to naming software upgrade file? I unzipped file and see WEMP 1091.F03. Card does not seem to be recognized by update software function and I have tried about 4 full power down and power up cycles.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-02-2014, 12:48 PM

Where do I go to get the download?
post #6 of 7 Old 03-08-2014, 04:37 PM

The TV only recognizes the SD cards that hold less than a gig or it may be even smaller than that. I had this problem a few years back and I had to hunt down an older card. Once I used that, the update ran just fine.

post #7 of 7 Old 03-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page