Samsung DLP HLT6189SX/XAA Pink tint to screen. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-13-2013, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone. Been a long time fan of the DLP's and AVS. I own 3 of them. I have a 50" and 2 60". The TV that I’m having a problem with is the HLT6189SX. Was watching TV today and all of a sudden the TV has a pink tint to it (pictured below). It’s like that on all the inputs including PIP and Menus. I got this TV for free from someone on craigslist and it had the white dot problem. He thought it was the bulb and replaced it, so it has a new bulb. I bought the DMD chip for $160 from shopjimmy.com and the TV has been great for about 2 months up until now. I googled the problem and didn’t get much information. When I replaced the DMD chip I did notice something that looked like it was burned out (picture below). After my DMD repair I did notice some light humming on the left side of the TV (left side when facing the TV). But everything looked fine so I left it alone. I suspect it has to do with one of the LED's, but I’m unsure. I need everyones help. Thank you all so much for any help given.

Picture of a component that looked burned out before. Noticed this when I was doing the DMD repair.

How the TV looks now with the pinkish tint to it.

What it looked like before the pink tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-13-2013, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I left the TV off for a few hours and turned it back on and its back to normal now. What gives?
post #3 of 7 Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Well haven’t fixed the problem yet but I found a capacitor that was bulging on the top and bottom. Had all 5 capacitors on the PCB replaced. I ran into an other problem when I was removing the lead connection from the green led. The little connector broke. Had a hell of a time finding info on this so I wanted to post this info incase someone else needs it.

The part number for the whole lead connector that goes from the led driver board to the led’s is BP39-00268B. It has all three connectors that goes to the led's and the main connector that goes to the led driver board. I ordered the part fromsears part direct. Cost me $4.39.

I ordered the lead conector and I am waiting to see if replacing the capacitors worked. When I tested the led's the green one lights up with a 9 volt batt. So I swapped the burnt looking green cable for the red ona and the green cable works on the red led. So I know its not the cable or the led. I'll update more as I go incase it helps someone else out.

Picture of the lead conector that goes from the led driver board to the led's.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-30-2013, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Well the problem is solved. All in all it was the bad capacitor that was the root of all my problems. The connector I ordered I had a issue with, the end of the lead that plugged into the led driver board was too small. But the 3 leads that connect into the LED's was correct. So I just cut one off and soldered it to my old one. Its been working fine! So hope this helps someone out invade they are trying to finds fix for this type of problem.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-21-2013, 11:20 AM

Bringing this one back from the dead...I have a HLS-5679 and have had the same issue for about the past year. It has been a garage TV for the last 4-5 years and has a ton of hours on it so I have just lived with the pink hue. I have replaced the 6 caps on the power supply that this model is known for, twice. Were the ones you replaced on the power supply board or somewhere else? I have searched the 5679 owners thread and couldn't find a solution.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-08-2014, 12:32 PM

Thanks for posting the BP39-00268B part number. I broke mine replacing the red LED.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-19-2014, 04:48 AM

Liked: 0
good idea,I ran into an other problem when I was removing the lead connection from the green led. The little connector broke. Had a hell of a time finding info on this so I wanted to post this info incase someone else needs it,thank you
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page