No Blu Ray Video/Picture via HDMI to DVI connection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sony KP57-WS510 TV with a DVI vidoe input that I believe is HDCP compliant per the owners manual. I am attempting to connect a Pansonice Blu-Ray player via my brand new Sony STR-DH520 receiver. I connected the blu-ray to the receiver via HDMI and then connected the receiver to the TV via a HDMI to DVI cord. I then connected the audio via RCA cables from the Blu-Ray to the TV. These connections worked in that I had video and the audio played through the TV speakers.

I was happy with this set up, but I experimented with bypassing the receiver altogether. I connected the HDMI/DVI cord from in the blu ray to the DVI port in the TV. This didn't work as I had audio still, but the picture was mostly black and flickered green or blue light for a split second. Ok fine, I will go back to the old setup of running the video through my receiver. But, when I tried to go back to the old setup that I know worked before I had issues with the video still not working.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get my picture back so I can happily watch Blu Ray Movies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-23-2013, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
even though hdmi is a "hot plug" system, it isn't always successful. power down everything. then power up the sink (tv), then the receiver and then the player and see if that helps. IF not, go further with power down, unplug from wall / ac power, and then start again. Hopefully, that gets things working again like it did once. check to make sure your cabling is securely connected as some times hdmi connectors are very tight.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks so much. I went for the full power down straight away and everything started up.

I am doing the dance of joy as we speak. It has been a long struggle to finally complete this setup
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page