Samsung HLS5687W fuss issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-01-2013, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've tried to find an answer for this probelm on the forum and elsewhere online. It seems Samsung DLPs develope a problem with "white dots" over time... but I don't think that is my problem. I've had my DLP over five years. So far it has been great. Changed the buld once, otherwise no issues. Recently I've noticed when specifically watching blu rays or HDDVDs (I still have a few. haha) Some scenes look perfect but then in others (especially dark areas) I get this annoying white noise/fuzz on the screen. Oddly enough it doesn't seem to happen at all, or at least not nearly as often, with my DirecTV. It does not seem to be static white dots so I don't think it is the same problem as many have attested to online. Is my color wheel having a hard time keeping up or something? Or maybe it is actually an issue with my receiver sending the signal? I purchased a new Pioneer receiver Black Friday of 2011 but I don't believe this issue has been happening the whole time since. Sorry for the long post... wanted to try and describe what is happening best I could. Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found a solution to the sound problem, which was causing popping and static sound from the speakers. This was also shutting down the audio after watching TV for some time. I place a heat sink on IC 987 part number stv8258DSX. This IC controls the sound and is overheating. The cause is unknown to me. Its easy to place a heat sink. Direction: cut the heat sink to size allowing room for a nylon nut. make as tall as possible. drill hole in center, but drilling only to its center, not through it.. Use nylon screw and nut (plastic). Insert the screw through the hole in the grill cover metal and than thread the nut to it. place the heat sink on top of the IC and place the grill cover back on aligning screw in the hole. (Don't forget to use thermo compound between the heat sink and IC). pull up on the screw while turning clockwise to tighten. I left the TV playing all night to the next morning and sound remain normal. I even turn on SRS sound mode.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page