Mits WD-65738 Slight Flicker - AVS Forum
Rear Projection Units > Mits WD-65738 Slight Flicker
insanitormang's Avatar insanitormang 07:25 PM 05-07-2013
Hello,

We have had our Mits DLP 3DTV since around 2010 and I am noticing some slight flicker on the screen. Is there a way I can physically view the lamp hours or is that an internal timer that triggers the indicator lights? The color looks good. I can still use "bright" on the bulb energy setting but we always keep it standard. Any suggestions? Should I go ahead and buy a spare bulb while they are still around? frown.gif

jevans64's Avatar jevans64 06:25 PM 05-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanitormang View Post

Hello,

We have had our Mits DLP 3DTV since around 2010 and I am noticing some slight flicker on the screen. Is there a way I can physically view the lamp hours or is that an internal timer that triggers the indicator lights? The color looks good. I can still use "bright" on the bulb energy setting but we always keep it standard. Any suggestions? Should I go ahead and buy a spare bulb while they are still around? frown.gif

View your lamp hours with the remote by pressing... [MENU] + 2 4 7 0

You might have to try it a couple of times to figure out how to time the button presses. I think less than three seconds have to be between MENU and the number combo. Hours should be on the bottom left or right corner. I would say you'd need a new lamp if the hours are greater than 4000. Using "Bright" should solve the flickering for a short period of time, which would give you enough time to order and receive a new lamp. Stay away from lamps sold on eBay or Amazon. Most of those are Chinese knock-offs which last under 500 hours. Stick with Osram or Philips brand lamps.
insanitormang's Avatar insanitormang 05:52 AM 05-27-2013
Thanks a lot for your reply! I have waited a long time for someone to help me about this! OK, I chcked the bulb hours and were at around 2900hrs. So looks like we are on the back end of the bulb life. We watched Saving Private Ryan last night on BluRay and the screen intermittently flickers. So I dont think it is the color wheel. I have a bulb on order from Mitsubishi directly. I'd rather hold them accountable for getting me a bulb. biggrin.gif
Up
Mobile  Desktop