Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-03-2013, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Crud!

Watching TV this afternoon and suddenly screen goes blank and the light goes to fast green blinking. Tried system reset, pulled power for a bit, all to no avail.

Mitsi automated response shows a repair center about 40 miles from me. Contacted them and they said no way they were coming down here. Called Mitsi back and it was too late for them to find someone for me, so I have to call them back at 10AM tomorrow to get them moving on finding someone.

Tonight's TV will be thanks to Dish Anywhere and my iPad! Since I have 2 iPads and an iPhone, surely I won't run out of juice. But I might be squinting a bit on the phone! smile.gif

Ah well, stuff happens...

Lloyd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well, so far this isn't going all that well! frown.gif

Called Mitsi yesterday, but it was too late for them to find a servicer. So called them today and talked to 2 different reps. The second one found a servicer that would do the work, but only in shop IF I would haul it to them. The trunk of my Buick isn't that darned big! frown.gif

I told them that was unsatisfactory, so they are still looking for someone to do the work. I tried to get them to give the job the the local TV repairman that has done warranty service work for mitsi in the past, but he isn't an authorized servicer so they nixed that.

But in the back of my mind, I think what will end up happening is that they will give him the work either directly or by using some national svc organization that will sub it to him. Unfortunately this all just drags it out longer than I care to. frown.gif

Looks like I'll be watching on much smaller screens for a bit longer...

Lloyd
post #3 of 3 Old 06-15-2013, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well, now it is 12 days since the Mitsi 73742 shot craps and still no technician has laid a hand on it! frown.gif

I rate companies on how well they respond to problems, and so far Mitsi gets a resounding F from me. Come Monday, after the morning golf scramble, I'll be firing off phone calls to get someone off their ass and get out here and fix the set. If they don't respond quickly they'll think this post is a kiss on the cheek.

This is my first and most likely will be my last Mitsi product!

Lloyd
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page