mit wd-73732 picture problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having a problem with the top part of the picture on the Mitsubishi wd-73732. the top 8 inches or so seems to have a convergence problem. I have read that the dlp's do not have any convergence chips. the problem only appears on the analog signals, and not on the digital signals. I use only 1 coax cable into input 1 of the tv. so both digital and analog signals go through the same cable and input.

this photo is the digital signal. no problems with the ticker at the top.

this is the analog signal. note distoration of the words in the ticker at the top.

when I go the to the service screen, the lines appear straight as shown below.

does anyone have any thoughts?

thank you

pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
Hey Pat:

Is this happening on all analog channels? And are you getting these channels over the air or via cable?
Old 07-22-2013, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

hello,

it happens on all of the analog channels. both analog and digital signals are from the cable company.

thanks.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

I also forgot to say, when I hook the coax to a different tv, there is no problem with the analog signals.

thanks
Old 07-22-2013, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendpat View Post

I also forgot to say, when I hook the coax to a different tv, there is no problem with the analog signals.

thanks

There could be a problem with the analog tuner drifting. Another way to troubleshoot and pinpoint the issue, would be to hook up a set of rabbit ears to the 2nd coax antenna input - and see if you have the same breakup in the picture on analog over the air channels.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

hi guys,

ok, so i ran a few tests. i hooked up the coax to ant 2 and got the same distoration. i then hooked up a vcr to coax ant 1 and coax ant 2 and got the same distoration. i then hooked the vcr through the rca inputs and still got the distoration. i was playing a tape, so the tuner should not have been used. even using the rca inputs had the distoration. i did not hook up an attena because i thought that all airwave signals are now digital and there is no more analog transmissions allowed.

i would like to elimate the light engine because logic would say the light engine would not know the differance between an analog and digital source. it would reflect the image the same way. is this correct?

it almost looks like noise in the line, but would it happen to all inputs at the same time? and why on the analog and not on the digital?

has anybody else had this problem?

thanks
Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendpat View Post

hi guys,

ok, so i ran a few tests. i hooked up the coax to ant 2 and got the same distoration. i then hooked up a vcr to coax ant 1 and coax ant 2 and got the same distoration. i then hooked the vcr through the rca inputs and still got the distoration. i was playing a tape, so the tuner should not have been used. even using the rca inputs had the distoration. i did not hook up an attena because i thought that all airwave signals are now digital and there is no more analog transmissions allowed.

i would like to elimate the light engine because logic would say the light engine would not know the differance between an analog and digital source. it would reflect the image the same way. is this correct?

it almost looks like noise in the line, but would it happen to all inputs at the same time? and why on the analog and not on the digital?

has anybody else had this problem?

thanks

Your set is capable of receiving over the air digital signals. Give the rabbit ears a shot and report back. You could call Mitsubishi and pick their brains. When did this problem start? Have you thought about a new television?
Try posting here:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/722383/2007-mitsubishi-732-series-owners-thread-57732-65732-73732/2640