[Picture Inside] Could this be the reason why my TV sounds like a lawn mower??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung HL-R6768W

It started to make this high pitch whining sound and sometimes you could hear this grinding noise and sometimes when you turn on the tv....nothing but a black screen would display

I've already bought a new tv set, but decided to try and fix this one. I took apart the tv and looked at the color wheel and this is what I saw

*I was expecting the Color wheel to be shattered, but it wasn't. What I did notice was that there was a long and clear scratch/smear whatever you want to call it on the wheel itself

and then when I turned it around the other way...I noticed that this black rubber thing was half way fallen off

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
No, I'd say there is still a tiny lawn mower somewhere in your set...keep looking. smile.gif Just kidding, I believe you found the source of your noise. Let us know if it's quiet once you fix the problem with the black rubber thing.

bg
post #3 of 4 Old 09-26-2013, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do I need to replace the color wheel as well? Is that scratch/smear supposed to be there?

Is it just that rubber thing that messed up the TV?

Thanks
post #4 of 4 Old 09-27-2013, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
It's hard for me to evaluate the wheel with these pics. But if there is any contamination on any of the color segments, you should replace it. You could try cleaning it carefully with a microfiber cloth to see if you can remove the scratch/smudge. It really is difficult to know for sure what the source of the noise was. I was suggesting that you reattach the black rubber piece the way it should be, and re-install the wheel to see if the sound is gone.

bg
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page