AVS Forum banner

Mitsubishi 65737 and Denon 3312 HDMI issue - screen flashing

508 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bookem dano 
#1 ·
My brothers tv setup is in the title. When we first set up everything works great via HDMI and all the auto hdmi settings. After a few days or randomly after it sometimes works, when we turn it on the receiver has volume but the tv screen flashes on and off. We can't get the tv to go to any menu settings because of the flashing screen. The flash is black to what an analog screen looks like. Every now and then the end of the flash the picture briefly comes on and is distorted. That entire flash lasts about a second with the distorted image a very very small part of that.

He has had direct tv connected to it at one point, now he has charter cable and he's always had a PS3. Everything works if we use non HDMI cables.

How can I tell which device is the issue? It doesn't matter if we start up the ps3 or the cable box. Right now the hdmi pass through is not set so you have to have the unit on and selected before anything comes out of it.

The frustrating part is that it works sometimes but not all the time.

Firmwares are all up to date.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you have CEC turned on the TV turn it off. Set the AVR to video pass through. Try different HDMI cables. Could be the main going bad on the Mits.I had a similar issue with my Onkyo and Xbox,even though video pass through was set on my Onkyo it was still processing and I had to enter a code to turn it completely off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.