Overscanning on pt-47wx33g - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-15-2013, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi!

My 2003 rear projection panasonic pt-47w33g has a serious overscanning issue. I can access the service menu but I don't know what to do once I'm in there. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Serge you should never go into the service menu unless you know what you are doing as you could cause more harm than good and it could be permenant if you don't write down numbers before you start adjusting. All RPTV come with overscan to varying degrees. Mr. Bob has a tuturial on doing a shim job using wood blocks but you have to keep in mind whenever you mess with overscan it will also screw with convergence and focus. I dont feel safe in my own abilities to do the shim method but did buy a DVDO VP30 (or 50 will be better) video processor and it can adjust overscan without screwing up convergence. You can buy them used for about 150-200 on ebay. Otherwise youll either have to combat the problem with the service menu (but be very careful) or go all out and do the shim method. As mentioned Mr. Bob has a step by step tuturial here on AVS.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page