Pioneer SD532 HD RPTV starting to lay down on me - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-20-2013, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After 13 years without being touched.Still has a great picture,but now it just shuts down randomly.After a few minutes I can hit the power button on the front and it will come back up for 20 min to 3-4 hours.Should i retire it or maybe something simple? Nobody around anymore that works on tv's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-20-2013, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
in my opinion if you don't know for sure what repair is needed and you can't fix it yourself, it's probably not worth having it repaired.I have a 65" Hitachi that randomly shut off, then it seems the convergence chip died. It now sits in my garage waiting to be sent to the graveyard.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-20-2013, 08:37 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

in my opinion if you don't know for sure what repair is needed and you can't fix it yourself, it's probably not worth having it repaired.I have a 65" Hitachi that randomly shut off, then it seems the convergence chip died. It now sits in my garage waiting to be sent to the graveyard.

Agreed.........find the service manual online for free.

Not worth paying someone and prob couldn't get the parts anyway depending on whats wrong.
post #4 of 6 Old 11-26-2013, 07:37 PM

Liked: 10
It's very likely cold solder joints on the power supply board. Seek out the Pioneer 510 thread on here and search for Mr. Bob... he'll set you in the right direction.

I know what I am talking about...trust me. I've rebuilt a number of Pioneers using his advice. This was a very common problem among the Pioneers...once you fix it, it is likely to last for many, many more years. You do not need to pay a lot for the fix. The fix requires a resolder of all the points on the power supply board. After many years of thermal cycling, several high power contact points become erratic. It's a manufacturing problem that Pioneer had for a number of years with this particular board. If you catch it now, you'll be ok... if you wait and keep using the TV, you may damage the convergence or deflection board, which is a costly repair. Don't wait, and stop using the TV until you fix it.

Joe
post #5 of 6 Old 11-26-2013, 08:01 PM

Liked: 20
Yes it does sound like the power supply, might want to go over all the solder points on the board.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-11-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I'm trying to give away my SD532 which had it's power supply resoldered by Mr. Bob back in Feb 2010. So it carries a lifetime warranty from him. I removed the PS myself and took it over to him for the resolder. When re-installed the PS the set looked better than when it was delivered.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page