Looking to possibly upgrade from an 82" Mitsubishi 840 series model - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-01-2014, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure where the best place to put this, but has anyone upgraded from one recently and stepped into something better? Or do most still consider this one of the best 82" sets for the price?

Been out of the loop for TVs, no clue whats really hot and what isn't right now so I gotta get some opinions.

I love my 82" but I wouldn't mind stepping into a 70-80" set of another type of set perhaps.

I'd be looking to spend 2-3k I'd say, so unload any opinions or suggestions you guys can, much appreciated.

Looking for a mature gaming forum? Come check out www.gamingoutsiders.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I switched from a 62 inch DLP to an 65 inch led 3 years ago, and with the loss of the stand that it sat on, that also held all the equipment and putting the new set on the wall, I found we need a new and small shelving system. I put everything in the walls and do not have a single cable seen or on the floor. Looks neat and clean so I would have in mind how much it takes to switch from the DLP to something on the wall.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-02-2014, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I'm not really going to a wall hung set. Like basically to be blunt I'm sort of maybe jumping the DLP ship to whatever is sort of better there days, plasma or LEDs. That's what I'm confused at, need sort of some schooling to get current.

I love my 82, its a badass TV.. Just getting that itch to buy something new again is all and I was wondering if anyone here went from or owns the 82 mitsu and went to a 70+ set that's LED or Plasma. Just feeling it out a bit.

Looking for a mature gaming forum? Come check out www.gamingoutsiders.com
post #4 of 4 Old 03-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savatage316 View Post

Well I'm not really going to a wall hung set. Like basically to be blunt I'm sort of maybe jumping the DLP ship to whatever is sort of better there days, plasma or LEDs. That's what I'm confused at, need sort of some schooling to get current.

I love my 82, its a badass TV.. Just getting that itch to buy something new again is all and I was wondering if anyone here went from or owns the 82 mitsu and went to a 70+ set that's LED or Plasma. Just feeling it out a bit.

In that case it may be a good idea to stay with the DLP for now. You have size and a good picture and take into account there is a new world coming called 4K and its just around the corner. In 2 or 3 years it well replace todays 1080 in all but the low end displays. bet on it
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page