Toshiba 57H81 Factory Reset? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-05-2014, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I bought a used Toshiba 57H81 a few years back.  Love it.  But recently the convergence has been non-adjustable, so I replaced the two STKs with genuine Sanyo chips, and now the convergence is perfect.  However, the original owner had changed some of the settings, such as HIT and WID, RCUT, etc, by accessing the "Service" mode, and now I would like to reset all values back to their original values and start fresh.  I have a copy of the Toshiba 57H81 Service Manual, which shows how to access Service Mode, and this manual provides the original settings for about 10 of the "adjustments", but I am looking for a Factory Reset procedure, OR a list of ALL of the adjustments and their original values.  I am a network engineer, and almost every piece of networking equipment has such an animal.  Does a Factory Reset exist on this TV?  If so, what is the process?

I am aware that there is a "RESET" inside the "Menu" settings.  This "Menu" Reset and a "Factory" Reset" are quite different.

The "Touch Focus" has failed with Error since I bought the TV.  The original owner advised me that he changed some settings to make the picture better fit the screen using a FIOS set-top box.  I am confident that the electronics in this TV are good, and that I simply need to reset all adjustments to Factory specs.  Can anyone help?  If not, it is not the end of the world.  Even though the "touch Focus" fails with Error, the picture quality is awesome (to me) - and that's what counts - right?

Thanks in advance!!!    John in Dallas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-24-2014, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
your answer is no a factory reset does not exist for this tv, when changes are made in the service menu you can not go back the the factory settings unless you wrote them all down on a piece of paper prior to changing them.
Reply Rear Projection Units
Gear in this thread - 57H81 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page