replaced bulb. not working Sony 55-E2000 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-09-2014, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi there, 

My Sony 55-E2000 gave me a warning the bulb was going out. when it finally took a nose dive we bought a new bulb for it and replaced. 

When I turn TV on It sounds like its gonna turn on then gives me 3 red blinking lights (door not closed/bulb not in) but it is in. 

I opened and closed the door and reset the bulb over n over again, still 3 blinking red lights and then nothing. 

I noticed a SPRING inside the compartment where the bulb goes.. is this important? whats it go to? I lost the friggin spring.. kids played with it..and lost it

can someone help me out? dont want to buy a new one! Hubby is Very distraught.. NO BIG SCREEN! LOL 

THANX A BUNCH.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika View Post

Hi there, 

My Sony 55-E2000 gave me a warning the bulb was going out. when it finally took a nose dive we bought a new bulb for it and replaced. 

When I turn TV on It sounds like its gonna turn on then gives me 3 red blinking lights (door not closed/bulb not in) but it is in. 

I opened and closed the door and reset the bulb over n over again, still 3 blinking red lights and then nothing. 

I noticed a SPRING inside the compartment where the bulb goes.. is this important? whats it go to? I lost the friggin spring.. kids played with it..and lost it

can someone help me out? dont want to buy a new one! Hubby is Very distraught.. NO BIG SCREEN! LOL 

THANX A BUNCH.

There are two safety devices involving the lamp. One is a tiny switch that senses when the lamp is fully inserted and locked in place. The second is another tiny switch that senses when the lamp outer door is in place. Both switches are in the main body of the tv, and are operated by a plastic or metal part that is part of the lamp assembly in the first case, and the outer door in the second case.

Remove the door and lamp. Find both switches. You will see them behind holes in the plastic. They are microswitches, very tiny pushbutton switches that make a distinct click when operated. If I remember correctly, the levers on the switches are bright blue. Find the holes, reach in with a piece of plastic and click the switches to confirm you have found them.

In the first case, a part of the lamp assembly presses the switch when the lamp is fully inserted and locked. Figure out what part that is and why it is or isn't doing its job.

In the second case, a part of the outer door presses the switch when the door is properly closed. Figure out what part that is and why it is or isn't doing its job.

Don't recall what the spring is for, it's possible that it is part of what operates the switch.
Reply Rear Projection Units
Gear in this thread - 55-E2000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page