Trying to get 3D to work on HL-T5689S - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-21-2014, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi everyone this is my first post but I've been reading AVS for a long time. I've looked through a number of threads over the past few weeks but I haven't been able to find a solution; so I begin this with an apology in case the answer is already in a forum someplace.

I bought my HL-T5689S when it first came out and I've loved it since. After a couple of years and a lot of research, I finally thought I had a pretty good understanding of what I needed to get 3D to work on my TV without sinking hundreds of dollars.

So here's my setup:

The TV

Panasonic DMP-BDT220 3D Blu-ray player

VIP-DLP-Link 3D glasses

I connected the blu-ray player to HDMI3 on the TV. I set the 3D output to "checkerboard". I popped in the 3D version of "Gravity".

When I start playing the 3D blu-ray disc, the TV allows me three options in the 3D Settings of the menu: Off, Standard Glasses (standard polarity glasses), and Inverse Glasses.

With the TV's 3D mode set to "Standard": no sync from glasses, no 3D effect.

I tried turning the glasses on before starting the blu-ray, and starting the movie first, before turning on the glasses. No difference

With TVs mode set to "Inverse Polarity": same result as above. No sync, no 3D effect.

With TVs 3D mode set to "Off": After a few seconds of playing the movie, the glasses would flicker and sync with a clear 3D image. Within 3 seconds, glasses would lose sync. After a few more seconds, sync would start again, then drop out almost immediately.

This cycle would repeat for a while, with the downtime (between each instance of the glasses flickering and displaying 3D) getting longer.

I as you can imagine, after few minutes I have to take a break because I start to get eyestrain and a headache.

Troubleshooting I have done:

I have replaced the battery with two different CR2032 ones.
I have tried 3 different 3D movies (Prometheus, Gravity, and Avengers)
I have set the TV’s contrast to high.
I have tried in normal daytime setting, daytime with the curtains drawn, night-time with lights on, night time in pitch darkness. No real difference.
I’ve also tried sitting directly in front of the TV, or to the side up to 45 degrees. My distance from then screen has ranged from 6 feet to about 11 feet.

I've gone through all the stages of grief/frustration so any help would be absolutely fantastic. I get the feeling the answer is something obvious that I may be missing,.

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
3d Hdtv , Panasonic 3d Blu Ray Player Dmp Bdt220
Gear in this thread - Bdt220 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page