Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Toshiba 57HX94 Contrast Issue

Greetings,
I could not find any information regarding my contrast issue so I am hoping someone here can shed some light on what may have happened. This was my first HDTV and when it was new a friend and I calibrated it for watching movies and the picture was beautiful. The TV has not been used for that in a while. It has mainly been used by my kids for video gaming. So recently I happened to turn it on to catch some world cup soccer and I noticed that the picture looked as though its gamma was set too high. Picture was very bright and colors were blooming. So I went in the TV menu to see what happened to my settings and found everything set to the way it used to be. I tried to adjust the color and brightness but the picture just became too dark. It was as I was doing this that I noticed that my contrast setting was greyed out.(not adjustable). I checked several other things in various menu's and could not find out why the contrast adjustment was greyed out. I believe this is why my picture looks the way it does right now. Does anybody have any thoughts on what may have happened or if maybe something may have failed that would have caused this?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-26-2014, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Well for curiosity I went into my service mode to see if anything was changed. I had mapped my service mode several years ago when I calibrated the TV so I had all the numbers written down. I found several values way off so I adjusted them back to where they were supposed to be and made sure that I didn't change any of the other settings in the service mode. I exited the service mode and did not see any change to the picture and my contrast is still greyed out. So now I am figuring that some circuit or component on a circuit board has failed. Not sure where to go from here.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-03-2014, 04:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwrench View Post
Well for curiosity I went into my service mode to see if anything was changed. I had mapped my service mode several years ago when I calibrated the TV so I had all the numbers written down. I found several values way off so I adjusted them back to where they were supposed to be and made sure that I didn't change any of the other settings in the service mode. I exited the service mode and did not see any change to the picture and my contrast is still greyed out. So now I am figuring that some circuit or component on a circuit board has failed. Not sure where to go from here.
Check to see if it is in Sports or Preference mode, switch it to Standard or Movie mode. See page 77 of the Owner's Manual.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Augerhandle; 08-03-2014 at 04:23 AM.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-03-2014, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

It's in preference mode. It was never changed from that mode. I did go and try all the other modes but the contrast just stays greyed out and the cursor even skips over the contrast setting like it's not even there.
Thanks for the response.
Reply Rear Projection Units
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page