Mitsubishi TV doesn't respond to remote control. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-17-2014, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Mitsubishi TV doesn't respond to remote control.

I have a Mitsubishi DLP 65" that is maybe 4 years old or so. Don't remember exactly when I bought it, but anyway, a few months back, the TV just quit responding to the remote control. It worked fine for years on the rare occasions I used it, then one day it just stopped. I figured the batteries were dead, replaced them, still nothing. A red light lights on the remote when you push any buttons, so it doesn't seem dead. I tried leaving the batteries out for a while, cleaned of the IR location on the TV, still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't have any cable service of any kind any more, and when I had Directv I used that remote, but after I cancelled the service I needed to go back to the original remote. I just have Netflix, a Chromecast and a WD Media player, so I don't need to use the remote that often and I'm not too lazy to get up and hit the power button on the TV, but for OTA, I need it to change channels.

Would a reset of the TV be a good idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-17-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
I have a Mitsubishi DLP 65" that is maybe 4 years old or so. Don't remember exactly when I bought it, but anyway, a few months back, the TV just quit responding to the remote control. It worked fine for years on the rare occasions I used it, then one day it just stopped. I figured the batteries were dead, replaced them, still nothing. A red light lights on the remote when you push any buttons, so it doesn't seem dead. I tried leaving the batteries out for a while, cleaned of the IR location on the TV, still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't have any cable service of any kind any more, and when I had Directv I used that remote, but after I cancelled the service I needed to go back to the original remote. I just have Netflix, a Chromecast and a WD Media player, so I don't need to use the remote that often and I'm not too lazy to get up and hit the power button on the TV, but for OTA, I need it to change channels.

Would a reset of the TV be a good idea?

Check to make sure one of the keys on the remote didn't get stuck down. Happened to me & nothing would work of course. Check every button, it's easy to miss.
Good luck!

Ed
post #3 of 3 Old 07-17-2014, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Thanks,
I'll check that out. It seems if a button was stuck, the red light on it would light continuously, but maybe not. I'll take a close look at it tonight.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page