Mitsubishi TV doesn't respond to remote control. - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > Rear Projection Units > Mitsubishi TV doesn't respond to remote control.

Rear Projection Units

89grand's Avatar 89grand
11:57 AM Liked: 87
post #1 of 3
07-17-2014 | Posts: 388
I have a Mitsubishi DLP 65" that is maybe 4 years old or so. Don't remember exactly when I bought it, but anyway, a few months back, the TV just quit responding to the remote control. It worked fine for years on the rare occasions I used it, then one day it just stopped. I figured the batteries were dead, replaced them, still nothing. A red light lights on the remote when you push any buttons, so it doesn't seem dead. I tried leaving the batteries out for a while, cleaned of the IR location on the TV, still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't have any cable service of any kind any more, and when I had Directv I used that remote, but after I cancelled the service I needed to go back to the original remote. I just have Netflix, a Chromecast and a WD Media player, so I don't need to use the remote that often and I'm not too lazy to get up and hit the power button on the TV, but for OTA, I need it to change channels.

Would a reset of the TV be a good idea?
old corps's Avatar old corps
02:34 PM Liked: 43
post #2 of 3
07-17-2014 | Posts: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
I have a Mitsubishi DLP 65" that is maybe 4 years old or so. Don't remember exactly when I bought it, but anyway, a few months back, the TV just quit responding to the remote control. It worked fine for years on the rare occasions I used it, then one day it just stopped. I figured the batteries were dead, replaced them, still nothing. A red light lights on the remote when you push any buttons, so it doesn't seem dead. I tried leaving the batteries out for a while, cleaned of the IR location on the TV, still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't have any cable service of any kind any more, and when I had Directv I used that remote, but after I cancelled the service I needed to go back to the original remote. I just have Netflix, a Chromecast and a WD Media player, so I don't need to use the remote that often and I'm not too lazy to get up and hit the power button on the TV, but for OTA, I need it to change channels.

Would a reset of the TV be a good idea?

Check to make sure one of the keys on the remote didn't get stuck down. Happened to me & nothing would work of course. Check every button, it's easy to miss.
Good luck!

Ed
89grand's Avatar 89grand
02:44 PM Liked: 87
post #3 of 3
07-17-2014 | Posts: 388
Thanks,
I'll check that out. It seems if a button was stuck, the red light on it would light continuously, but maybe not. I'll take a close look at it tonight.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Subscribe to this Thread