hot rodding the v 42 mitsubishsi - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-01-2014, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hot rodding the v 42 mitsubishsi

Has anyone tried upgrading the light source on the Mitsubishi 73 or 82 s. It seems to me that the only thing that stops these units from being a world beater is too little light and too much heat. I love the picture quality the DLP sets deliver and they use the same technology that the movie houses use. These units are easy to diagnose and repair unlike the plasma/lcd sets and the video quality doesn't degrade nearly as much over time.I think a suitable modified 82 or 73 could outperform even some of the very best super high dollar LCD and plasma sets. One could solve the shortcomings of the DLP sets by sealing the cabinet and adding a external multiple bulb light source (2 perhaps 3 bulb/ light box/ tunnel setup)to provide the light and installing a small refrigeration unit equipped with a proper air filter setup to deal with the heat and dust. I am a A/C refrigeration contractor and diehard hot rodder and hacker with access to all sorts of fabricating tooling and a lifetime of experience modifying things and I am sure that I can do this. Any thoughts/comments will be highly valued---devils advocates please weigh in as the hardest problems to solve tend to be the unforeseen ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-03-2014, 03:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiveycool View Post
Has anyone tried upgrading the light source on the Mitsubishi 73 or 82 s. It seems to me that the only thing that stops these units from being a world beater is too little light and too much heat. I love the picture quality the DLP sets deliver and they use the same technology that the movie houses use. These units are easy to diagnose and repair unlike the plasma/lcd sets and the video quality doesn't degrade nearly as much over time.I think a suitable modified 82 or 73 could outperform even some of the very best super high dollar LCD and plasma sets. One could solve the shortcomings of the DLP sets by sealing the cabinet and adding a external multiple bulb light source (2 perhaps 3 bulb/ light box/ tunnel setup)to provide the light and installing a small refrigeration unit equipped with a proper air filter setup to deal with the heat and dust. I am a A/C refrigeration contractor and diehard hot rodder and hacker with access to all sorts of fabricating tooling and a lifetime of experience modifying things and I am sure that I can do this. Any thoughts/comments will be highly valued---devils advocates please weigh in as the hardest problems to solve tend to be the unforeseen ones.

Just be careful!

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page