Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-03-2014, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
60" Mitsubishi DLP flashes unless menu is up

Hey guys,

I have a 60" Mitsubishi DLP HDTV, I'll be crawling behind it to get an exact model as soon as I can. Yesterday, it began flickering. The TV turns on fine, picture looks perfect, no color issues or anything. However, after a little bit, less than 5 minutes and sometimes right away, it begins to flicker. It will go from the perfect picture to a quick flash of black(less than a second) then back to the perfect picture, repeatedly and it will continue to do this. It never deviates into any sort of distorted or discolored picture. When it first began, it was much less frequent, but over the course of the day, it's gotten to be nearly continuous.

I was doing some research as to what it could be, and I realized something. If I pull up any sort of built in tv menu, it will not flicker. Right now I have the small menu to change input pulled up and the picture has been fine for over 20 min. If I pull up something minor, like the volume indicator, it will still flicker. but any sort of menu keeps the picture steady.

I've found plenty of good info for what can cause the flickering in general, but I wonder if this menu circumstance may help to narrow it down further, so I signed up here. Any ideas or suggestions you all have would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

-Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-03-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
How long have you had the Tv?
Have any parts been replaced or work been done?

First suggestions-
Unplug the power cords for the Tv and ALL related equipment for at least 3 minutes.
User Reset the Tv- menu, 1, 2, 3 follow prompts to reset.
Factory Reset the Tv (need full model number).
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page