mitsubishi wd92742 repair or replace? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-04-2014, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
mitsubishi wd92742 repair or replace?

My mitsubishi wd92742 92" was hit by lightning . I'm wondering if since it's not even made anymore, can it be fixed? If not, what are my comparable replacement options?

I hate LCD/plasma/LED but that seems to be the only TVs available now.

Any suggestions? My budget is no more than $3.5k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-05-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Anything can be repaired. The question is how much will it cost compared to a new Tv of comparable size. In cases of lightning, the power supply board or the Main board are going to be the likely things that got damage. Each of those boards is around $100 and labor for an in home repair is about $250-$300. So the total is going to be around $400 (plus/minus). If you have never replaced the lamp then add another $150 for that (soon/now).
post #3 of 6 Old 08-05-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post
Anything can be repaired. The question is how much will it cost compared to a new Tv of comparable size. In cases of lightning, the power supply board or the Main board are going to be the likely things that got damage. Each of those boards is around $100 and labor for an in home repair is about $250-$300. So the total is going to be around $400 (plus/minus). If you have never replaced the lamp then add another $150 for that (soon/now).
Is is possible to buy the parts to fix it myself? If so, where can I get them?
post #4 of 6 Old 08-05-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 41
First thing you can do before ordering parts is check the fuses on the Power Supply board...

Found Main board on eBay $75 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-W...item233dbd81a5

Found Power Supply on eBay $50 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-9...item3a82cf0ba5 (the model shown in the listing uses the same PS as your model)
post #5 of 6 Old 08-05-2014, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post
First thing you can do before ordering parts is check the fuses on the Power Supply board...

Found Main board on eBay $75 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-W...item233dbd81a5

Found Power Supply on eBay $50 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-9...item3a82cf0ba5 (the model shown in the listing uses the same PS as your model)
Great! Thanks so much.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-06-2014, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 460cidpower View Post
My mitsubishi wd92742 92" was hit by lightning . I'm wondering if since it's not even made anymore, can it be fixed? If not, what are my comparable replacement options?

I hate LCD/plasma/LED but that seems to be the only TVs available now.

Any suggestions? My budget is no more than $3.5k.
You can get a brand new 80" sharp LED HDTV for less than your budget,...$3,000 or even less.

I love my 6 year old 52" LG LCD TV. I don't understand why anyone would hate a good lcd tv. In the Fall, Vizio is coming out with a 120" LED-LCD TV. For rear projection, I would want a custom built 133" rigid rear projection screen with a HT projector behind it. Your Mitsubishi may be too expensive to fix. Call a Mitsubishi repair guy and ask. Just because they don't make that model anymore does not mean that Mitsubishi has stop having qualified repair guys.
Reply Rear Projection Units
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page