Sony KDS-60A2000 flashing vertical RGB lines - suggestions? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-09-2014, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sony KDS-60A2000 flashing vertical RGB lines - suggestions?

Can anyone give any suggestions as to the cause of the image problems I'm seeing with my late-2006 KDS-60A2000? See the attached image. With all inputs there are quickly-shifting single-pixel-wide red, green and blue lines spanning much of the height of the screen, except for a band across the middle of the screen, which has more of a random pattern. This corruption is superimposed on top of the underlying image (TV show, or whatever), which is recognizable, but very difficult to watch. In addition, on the right side of the screen, the vertical bar pattern sometimes gives way to a more stable pattern of rounded contours. The image I attached shows this. This pattern usually lasts only a few seconds before reverting to the flashing vertical lines.

I've already tried swapping out the QM and B1 boards, to no effect. Is this likely to be an issue with the A1 board, then? Or something further along in the display system. I've heard of "optical block" problems with these sets, but none of the images I've seen posted look like the very "digital" corruption I'm seeing.

This problem developed over the course of of about two weeks, BTW, with intermittent corruption flipping back to normal display. Then eventually, the problem just stuck.

Thanks for any advice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KDS20A2000_Corruption.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	514.1 KB
ID:	205817  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-13-2014, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After trying replacement QM, B1 and A1 boards, with no improvement, by process of elimination I guess it's likely that this is an optical block problem. Hmm, that's an expensive part. :-/
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
corruption , flashing , KDS-60A2000 , lines
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page