Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-21-2014, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Mitsubishi WD 52527 smudges

Hello,
Last weekend i cleaned the mirror and lens on my TV and my picture improved greatly. My lamp is fading, but it's ok for now. What I'm left with is a picture that has what i describe as smudging in it. It's most notable with a white background or a green background (while watching golf it can drive you nuts) I've scoured this site and others, but can't seem to find a similar issue and how to resolve it. Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Craig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	222585  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-21-2014, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Internal components deep inside Optical Engine are dirty or defective. Could be the LCD panels or optical filters. Tv repair shop would pull out and replace the Optical Engine with either a new one or send off for refurbish.

>> click here for optical engine refurb << $230
post #3 of 4 Old 08-22-2014, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post
Internal components deep inside Optical Engine are dirty or defective. Could be the LCD panels or optical filters. Tv repair shop would pull out and replace the Optical Engine with either a new one or send off for refurbish.

>> click here for optical engine refurb << $230
Is it not possible to clean those parts? Also, my lamp is deteriorating. The silver portion near the bulb looks like it has overheated in spots and is coming apart. Could this cause the smudges? The overall picture I am happy with.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-22-2014, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Lamp cannot produce any picture problems except maybe the over-all brightness of the picture as the lamp nears the very end of life.

Tv repair shops do not perform optical engine cleaning/rebuilding because manufacturers do not provide engine parts or dis-assembly documents unless there is a service bulletin to repair a specific defect. Therefor rebuilds are done by special facilities, like the link I provided. If you want to attempt it then good luck to you... Check youtube, there are some videos for engine rebuilds like Sony lcd engines or various color wheel (for dlp).
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page