Samsung 61" LED HD DLP TV turn itself off - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-28-2014, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Samsung 61" LED HD DLP TV turn itself off

I have a Samsung HL61A750 61" LED 1080P Slim HD DLP TV. This TV was purchased 1/09.

About 4 months ago it started turning itself off/on. I am not sure how long it was on before shutting off but over the course of a few days it eventually stopped turning on at all. The time in between being turned on and it turning itself off decreased before it stopped turning on and the sound stopped working back then. The audio on the TV stopped working for the programs but it still made the chime on sound, before it stopped turning on at all.

Then yesterday it turn on for about 5 minutes with sound (chime and TV), I happened to be walking by and used the button on the front (haven't touched it in months because I assumed it was completely dead). It then turned itself off/on stayed on for maybe a minute or so and turned off again, still with sound, did it again but the 3rd time sound just dropped a few seconds after it was on and I turned it off myself (actually pulled the plug since it wouldn't go off with the button on front).

Once the audio for the programs went out 4 months back it wouldn't stay on/turn on at all back then. It did need service a year after purchase for the sound going out completely but if I rememebercorrectly back then, the chime when you turned it on didn't sound either back then. I unfortunately don't know what was done.

Any clue to what I should be looking for in this model to diagnose the problem to see what is wrong? Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Gear in this thread