AVS Forum banner

possible hdcp issue with 2006 Samsung DLP

518 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  juny 
#1 ·
I have a Samsung hl-s5687w that I purchased around 2006 or 2007. Recently I purchased a Amazon FireTV Stick and a HDMI switch in order to use my Cable box, Blu-Ray player, and the new FireTV Stick.

The Fire TV stick worked until the Fire TV did a software upgrade. The Samsung TV now says "Not Supported Mode" when trying to view the FireTV.

I understand that this is most likely some issue with HDCP authentication, and possibly related to the age of the TV and/or the HDMI Switch. I've taken the HDMI switch out of the system. I've powered everything down unplugging things and waiting several minuets.

I'm still unable to view my FireTV Stick, which simply reports "Not Supported Mode".

Additionally, my Blu-Ray no longer works, when it's first powered on get the LG boot logo, then the Samsung TV will display "Not Supported Mode" for a second before switching to "Weak or no signal"

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks!
Mark

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.