Hitachi 65swx20b & Sony200 STB..what are the prices..going to buy Tue or Wed. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 11-04-2002, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, here is the latest and greatest.

As a result of talking with some of you (ken Stokes, Mfusik, Bachleor Bighitter and others), I have decided on the Hitachi 65swx20b and the Sony200 STB. Just got off the phone from CC (Monday night) and they told me they could do the 65swx20b $2798 (hmmm wonder what the 65xwx20b would be now). Also, they said they would do $799 on the Sony200. I told them I was (at that very moment) putting out a call to you all for the latest expect to get prices. They said absolutly to do it and to get back and they would try to match it.... Now, why do they just not give their lowest price in the first place... you gotta love American Competition.

Here is what I would really appreciate as I need to buy it Tuesday or Wednesday.:

1. If you bought a Hitachi 65swx20b, what was the price, place (especially if CC) and date you were able to get it. Please provide these pieces of info so I can use it as leverage.

2. What if any Extended warrentee did you get? Were they negotiable? Did you have to buy the stores or are there 3rd parties that provide the warrentee? Once again, the name of the place and warrentee would be very helpful.

3. I dont want to muddy the works, but is looks as if the prices are falling, so if anyone got a 65xwx20b, what was the price (especially if CC). I will assume the delievery amd warentee info will be the same.

5. Finally, what ws the price of the Sony200 STB, the place (especially CC) and the date?

If at all possible, provide the infor and mark it (ie., got 65swx20b for 2799 at CC in West Palm Beach in September 2002. or sears or whatever. It is just easy to show them what people are getting (and I would block out your names). Wish we had a form where people could fill out on this forum... might not be a bad idea as a seperate thread.

Folks, I just want you all to know that I have learned so much in just one week using this forum. It is probably one of the best run, and manned by some of the most professional, knowledgable and nicest people I have ever had the priviledge of communication with and for this, I give you my most heartful thanks. Robert Wagner 11/04/02

Robert P Wagner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-04-2002, 04:52 PM

$2798? That's a good price!. If my CC offered that price to me, I would have bought it on the spot. I went to CC the other day and the guy wouldn't budge off the $3499 price. He said that they can only lower it for local price matches and can't haggle. :(
post #3 of 15 Old 11-06-2002, 08:06 PM

I just got back from a CC in Columbus, OH about 2 hours ago and they had a 65swx20b for $3329.99.. I told the guy that I wasn't too sure about that price and he said maybe he could work someting out but I'd have to come by tomorrow as they were about to close... That's funny. He probably isn't even working tomorrow... heh

But man, it's almost worth it to drive down and pick up the friggin TV to save $600-$700!!! :)
post #4 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

I purchased it. It is the Hitachit 65swx20b system from sears. Originally, they had it for 3500 in Jensen Beach, Fl. A young sales guy, (honest, nice not pushy like a lot of em are), did a price match (from brands mart (plus their 10percent more (then the difference) AND THEN, BECAUSE I ASKED, HE DID ANOTHER 5PERCENT! Bottome line, the Hitachi 65swx20b was sold to me for 2550. Now that is a deal.

Robert P Wagner
post #5 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 07:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 651
People should sell Sears stock if they own it....that's a plain stupid price, and I am pretty sure that kids sales days are over soon.

FL is the lowest prices in the country because of competition and places like brandsmart.

People in other parts of the country should not expect to get that price. I know a good freind who works for CC in Boca FL and he tells me some crazy stories. People in FL don't know how good they got it. Other places of the country, would most likely laugh at that.

Good job though with the price... I am sure your happy.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #6 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah brandsmart must be the bane of the other major stores existance. I got CC to pricematch them for my 57SWX20B down to 2279. Gotta love lots of competition in a primarily dead market.
post #7 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 07:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Brandsmart is perhaps the crappiest of all store to buy from..(so I have been told)

They are very dirty...

What they do is gut a particular product like a popular sony or Hitachi to almost cost to attract bussiness... But it only pays a sales guy a dollar if they sell it...so they won't sell it.

Thier job is to talk to into somthing at full price still with more margin.... They are not allowed or supposed to sell you the reduced priced item. They just won't sell it.

Like a 40" XBR sony picture tube for $2250... they will walk you.

Thier bussiness practices do not make sense usually...but they kill all thier competition around them like Sears and CC which are much more honest major retailers with much more priceing and integrity.

FL people are lucky...

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #8 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

And we are fishing, golfing and sailing.... aahhhhhh am I glad I moved back down here from NJ to Fl (where all the Brands Marts are killing competition (long Live Sears (even if their car maintenence business used to be shakey), but long live Sears and their Price Match plus 10 percent.

Robert P Wagner
post #9 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 08:00 AM

Bob,
I purchased the 65SWX20B from CC around the beginning of October for 3200 + tax with 0% 12 month financing and free delivery. Purchase place was Pittsburgh. I Didn't get the extended warranty because in my opinion, they are a waste of money. By the way, you'll love the TV! Good Luck.

NKWAN,
If your CC woun't budge off the $3500 price, I'd just wait for another sale. When I got mine, the CC regular price was $3499 but with the sale, I only paid $3200.
post #10 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 08:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Pricing threads like these are worthless except for nothing more than comment and curriosity...

Regional pricing variations exists.. People outside of FL will not get that deal, plain and simple.

It is unreasonable to assume that everyone can get a killer deal like the one above.

-

post #11 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 08:30 AM

"Pricing threads like these are worthless except for nothing more than comment and curriosity"

I don't think they're worthless...at least it gives one an idea of what people are paying on average. If CC is advertising the set on their website, which is National, with a $3499 price crossed out as in my case - that means the set can be had for less. Now, how much would depend on the store and the region as you say. When I bought mine, I asked the same question in this forum which gave me an idea of what I thought would be a fair price. I was happy with the $3200. Could I have gotten it for a bit less - probably, but it wasn't worth my time and effort to keep haggling over a few more dollars. Not many are going to get the $2798 price but at least these types of threads will keep people from over paying or help them in getting a price they deem to be fair.
post #12 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mfusick
Brandsmart is perhaps the crappiest of all store to buy from..(so I have been told)

They are very dirty...

What they do is gut a particular product like a popular sony or Hitachi to almost cost to attract bussiness... But it only pays a sales guy a dollar if they sell it...so they won't sell it.

Thier job is to talk to into somthing at full price still with more margin.... They are not allowed or supposed to sell you the reduced priced item. They just won't sell it.

Like a 40" XBR sony picture tube for $2250... they will walk you.

Thier bussiness practices do not make sense usually...but they kill all thier competition around them like Sears and CC which are much more honest major retailers with much more priceing and integrity.

FL people are lucky...
Mfusick, are you not affliated with CC? I thought I read that somewhere.

I have purchased alot of things from Brandsmart and they have never been pushy and have quite often been willing to deal on the prices.

Infact I got my H/K 520 from them at a price that beat any of the other authorized retailers online or B&M. (Yes they are authorized as well).

Recently they were willing to sell the brand new CX875P dvd changer for about 15% less than retail.

They play on the stupidity of the mass public just like any other marketing department.

I bought my Hitachi from CC simply because I liked their return policy and have purchased from them before.
post #13 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
is brand smart on the web, if so what is thier address.
post #14 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 10:13 AM

post #15 of 15 Old 11-07-2002, 10:20 AM

Yeah, here in Central Ohio, they have us bent over a barrell w/ Hitachi. We only have two Hit carriers: Sears and CC...

Maybe I'll have to visit my Grandma in Orlando and take a trip to the local CC/Brandsmart!!! She'll proly wonder why I rented a box-truck to come visit her, but oh well... heh (j/k)
Closed Thread Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page