Samsung DLP - 3 Blinking Lights Problem - Page 16 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: If you own an HLM507W/HLM437W, have you had the 3 blinking lights problem?
yes 181 52.77%
no 162 47.23%
Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 463 Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I've been hit with the familiar '3 flashing lights' and have replaced the lamp & the ballast. I'm looking for suggestions on what the likely problem is and how much that part may cost, I'd rather ask on here before I call out a service tech. When turning on the TV I can hear the fan kick in and a green light to the left of the lamp(and behind a metal grate) lights up, but I get no signal.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 463 Old 01-16-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepinmaxx View Post

Steve - let me know how it works out... I plan on troubleshooting the HLN this weekend

Happy New Year!

i did have the noise on the wheel, like a Hard drive, i did replace the wheel and if fix the problem 1 year ago.
now i have the 3 leds blinking, i try hard reset but no luck, i will replace the lamp soon
post #453 of 463 Old 02-15-2010, 12:24 PM

Just an FYI. I bought a new bulb to restore the brightness on my HLN. Within hours of installing the new bulb I started getting the 3 blinking lights. After dealing with the intermittent blackouts and start up problems for a week or two I put the original bulb back in. Imagine that - no blinking light problem but the pic was back to being dim (13000 on the original). I had an idea - I took the new bulb out of its housing and installed it in the old housing. I put the new bulb/old housing in the TV and haven't had the blinking lights problem since. Maybe it was a fluke and it really isn't fixed but I'm going on a week with no issues.
post #454 of 463 Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
I think I'm having this issue w/ my HLN617W. Turned it on last night and it played for 20min or so, then the screen went blank. Unplugged it for a few seconds, and it came back on for a couple of minutes. Unplugged it and waited 5-10min, and it was good for another 20min or so.

I suspect it's not the bulb. I replaced that about a year ago. Pic looks fine while it's on, I didn't hear a 'pop' like I have before when the bulb goes out, and I don't have any noises (I had the color wheel replaced once, so I know what that sounds like).

I'll get in there tonight and pull the bulb and vacuum out any dust in there, but I'm thinking it could be a failed fan causing the set to overheat and shut down. Any way I can confirm this? Any other thoughts as to what it could be? I've seen some posts above mention a ballast, but I'm not sure what's involved in replacing that.

I already have a new set on order (PN64D7000), but would like to move this one up to the family's summer house if it's not too much to fix.

-Lee
XBL GT: S4Lee
(Former) MS MVP - Xbox
post #455 of 463 Old 10-24-2012, 03:45 PM

This just happened to me. Pop and picture went out, so replaced my bulb.

Using the new bulb, the TV stayed on fo 15 mins and then went off with the 3 blinking LED.

Any ideas what to do next?
post #456 of 463 Old 10-30-2012, 02:49 PM

So, I have a new bulb installed but still have 3 blinking lights.

Can someone share guidance if it is worth to try and change color wheel or ballast or not bother at this poiint.....
post #457 of 463 Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLiquid View Post

I'm trying to get an idea of what percentage of HLM507W and HLM437W owners on this forum have had the "3 blinking lights problem." Here are some descriptions of the problem:
I had no such issue so no problem from my side
post #458 of 463 Old 12-10-2012, 07:49 AM

I have an HLM507 and have replaced the bulb a number of times. There is a big difference in quality of bulbs. I have used cheap ones with varying success. One only lasted a couple of weeks (fortunately replaced under warranty). I have also replaced my color wheel but did that after noticeable noise indicating a color wheel issue. Never touched the ballast yet.

Joe
post #459 of 463 Old 12-11-2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgspears View Post

I have an HLM507 and have replaced the bulb a number of times. There is a big difference in quality of bulbs. I have used cheap ones with varying success. One only lasted a couple of weeks (fortunately replaced under warranty). I have also replaced peimar led lights my color wheel but did that after noticeable noise indicating a color wheel issue. Never touched the ballast yet.
Joe
What do you think of led lights?
post #460 of 463 Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM

I have a Samsung 50" DLP model # HL-T5075S for the last 6 months or so it has been having the following problem.
It turned on fine and worked all day except once it was on if you turned it off you could not turn it back on again. 3 blinking lights would flash. If you unplugged and waited an hour or two it would fire right back up and work all day again. I tried a new lamp at one point and it was even worse with it the whole tv would shut off after 5 minutes (maybe it was a bad lamp it was a ebay 38 dollar one) after using the oem lamp a few more months it finally quit altogether and shut off while watching it and won't come back on now. I checked the switch and it appears to be closing the circuit fine. The fans are all spinning. I checked that I have voltage to the ballast and the ballast does spark and appears to be working too. I removed the lamp and the color wheel appears to be spinning fine. I'm not sure what to test next or if i should just buy a Philips or another brand lamp? Nothing comes on the screen at all (and no audio either). I do have a multi-meter and I know how to use it if there is something else i should test. Any thoughts?
post #461 of 463 Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 AM

We are having the same problem with the blinking lights. We have replaced the bulb, ballast and the capacitor that was slightly bulging on the board. All of this has NOT fixed the problem. Samsung is of no help except to call a service tech out. Anyone have and other ideas on fixing this problem. The only way to get the tv to turn on is to unplug it and re-plug it in and then wait a few minutes.
post #462 of 463 Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 AM

I don't own this TV but a friend asked me to find him a new bulb which I did and he installed it. The first time he powered it up after replacing the bulb, the unit shut down on him after less than 5 minutes and would do so everytime he powered it up. He did a search and found that he had to enter a code to reset the lamp which he did. The unit now works fine except for one problem. When he powers on the TV, the sound comes on immediately however it takes about 10 seconds for the picture to appear. It never did that before changing the bulb. I have not found anyone talk about this problem on here. Anyone else experience this problem?
post #463 of 463 Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 PM

mine is 2006 started 3 blink lights issue...reset also not working....mad.gif
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page