Brightness of Mitsubishi 82" DLP vs Samsung 85" 4K LED - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 11-22-2015, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Brightness of Mitsubishi 82" DLP vs Samsung 85" 4K LED

Hi folks! Been a long time since I've posted here as I've been dealing with the lackluster brightness on my 82" Mitsu DLP for about 4 years now. I'm considering getting a Samsung 85" 4K LED tv (UN85JU7100FXZA) and am wondering what the Lambert output on one of these sammy would be as compared to the DLP I currently have. If my memory serves me right a well calibrated MIstu DLP output around 75 lamberts.

Anyone happen to know what the Sammy might be putting out?
Should I expect a significant increase in brightness?

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 11-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 99
While I don't own a 82" Mits DLP (I have a 73") I do know they don't get as bright as the smaller models since they use the same lamp. My 73" maxes at about 46 ft-L on a brand new lamp so the 75 ft-L would be absolutely ridiculous in feasibility and brightness. Max light output depends though on the environment and I always watch in a reasonably controllable environment (black out curtains etc) and these displays are usually set between 30 - 35 ft-L (I always set my displays to 35 ft-L). Though you will never know without a colorimeter or some other measurement device.

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

Sponsored Links
Reply Rear Projection Units