Here is the mode to adjust geometry and convergence. Pratice makes perfect as far as I am concerned.
1) Receive an NTSC signal.
2) Press Magic Focus to begin magic focus
3) Press magic focus again during the magic focus process to get the â€˜stopâ€™ screen
4) While stop screen is up, press "STATUS" or "INFO"on the remote control (R/C) to bring you to DCAM mode and the service grid (64 point grid)
5) When you first get in hereâ€¦ I believe red is the selected color by default (it is flashing).
6) To choose other colors to converge, use the following buttons on the R/C:
a) â€œSTATUSâ€ - Green
b) â€œ0â€ - Red
c) â€œANTâ€ â€“ Blue
7) Start from the center of the screen and work your way out on one color at a time. I adjusted red across the whole screen to match green. Then I switched to blue, and adjusted that to green as well. After you adjust blue, you may want to go back and adjust some red againâ€¦ etc. until the convergence looks good.
(a) Use 4, 6, 2, and 5 on the R/C to move the cursor position(dotted lines).
(b) Use thumb stick to move the convergence point color.
8) I did not adjust the green at all. I use the green as the guide and did not adjust the location of any green point. This is highly suggested unless you have geometry problems.
9) When going along the lines and adjusting, you may run into the problem of getting an â€˜Sâ€™ curve on the line. Youâ€™ll know if you get there. Basically, no matter what you do to adjust the line to be converged, the middle of the line between the points will not straighten out (it bends between the points). To fix this, the manual recommends going to the (7x5) mode which gives you less points to adjust. I had this problem, and the solution worked. There is also another mode (3x3) which gives you even less points. Basically, if the set looks good, you only fine tune it in (13x9) mode (64 point). If you have serious problems, the grids work as:
3x3 â€“ â€˜coarseâ€™
7x5 â€“ â€˜mediumâ€™
13x9 â€“ â€˜fineâ€™
10) To get to each of these patterns use the following on the R/C: (only if you need to)
1. (3x3) Press â€œSTATUSâ€ 5 times (only works when DCU is in uncorrected state)
2. (7x5) Press â€œ0â€ 5 times
3. (13x9) Press â€œANTâ€ 5 times
11) If you adjust the 3x3, then you should go to the 7x5, and then the 13x9. You get the pointâ€¦ depending on where you start, work your way up, and always finish on the 13x9
12) When finishing up the 13x9 mode, to get additional â€˜gridsâ€™ on the edges of the screen, press the PIP CH button on the remote control while in the digital convergence adjustment mode (DCAM). Fine tune the edge convergence as necessary. To exit, press PIP CH again.
13) When convergence is acceptable, press PIP MODE to write data to ROM memory. ROM WRITE? is displayed to alarm system that ROM will be overwritten with new data. Press the PIP MODE button again to write displayed data to ROM.
14) DATA WRITE TO ROM will take approximately 4 seconds and no picture will be displayed.
15) Green dots will be displayed when operation is completed.
WARNING: YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO COMPLETE MAGIC FOCUS INITIALIZATION!!! THERE HAVE BEEN MANY POSTS THAT PEOPLE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITHOUT DOING THIS STEP BECAUSE THEY LOOSE MAGIC FOCUS!
16) Press MUTE to return to convergence pattern, then confirm again convergence is acceptable.
17) Press PIP MODE and then PIP CH to initialize Magic Focus. The initialize operation starts and several windows appear during this operation. It takes about 30 seconds or less.
18) When green dots appear, initialize operation is finished.
19) Turn power OFF.
21) Wait a few seconds. Turn the TV on, and you should have your normal signal. Press Magic Focus button just to make sure the magic focus still works (and that you did the last few steps properly)
Milori Colorfacts Software
Milori CF-6000 Spectroradiometer & CF-6500 Tristimulus Color Analyzer
Sencore VP-403 Signal Generator
Sencore SP295C Audio Analyzer