KDS-60A3000 Looking for parts - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-02-2016, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
KDS-60A3000 Looking for parts

To make a long story short I am looking for a replacement Light Engine assembly for my KDS-60A3000 and another LCOS chip if not already replaced in the replacement engine.

I purchased my KDS-60A3000 in September of 2007 and it was manufactured in August 2007. It has been a great TV with an excellent picture until about a year ago when it was hit with the GREEN BLOB. So I adjusted the colors to make it look decent until 2 months ago when I found a repairman online located in UTAH. He had a great video and information on his website, so after calling him and chatting I decided to remove the complete light engine and send it to him for repair and replacement of the BLUE LCOS chip.

This is where it gets long. I removed the light engine assembly with no problem, packed it up neatly and shipped it to him insured through USPS. He received it the next week and even contacted me to verify. He was in contact with me while repairing and said he was ready to ship ship it back 3 weeks later. It was shipped via FedEx from UTAH to me in Florida. The box was tracked from UTAH to Orlando FedEx facility, then to FedEx SmartPost, then placed on a truck in TRANSIT to my local Post Office near my home. Well it has been 2 weeks since the package arrived in Orlando and stuck in TRANSIT. After I have made multiple/dozens of calls to FedEx, SmartPost, USPS and the repairman in UTAH, SmartPost said the package cannot be located and it was either lost, sent to the wrong location or damaged and thrown in the garbage. Unfortunately I also found out that the repairman did not place additional insurance on the light engine when sending it back as I did when I sent it to him and it sounds like the only claim is $100.00 and shipping fees. Well that does not replace my missing/lost light engine or the monies I already spent.

Well you probably can see the steam coming out of my ears by now. Now I am trying to resolve a bad situation, get refunds back from the repairman as well as get my TV back up and running if possible.

If anyone knows of someone or a place where a light engine and replacement LCOS chips are available, original chips not knock-offs, I would appreciate it. I can be reached via the forum here and if you have parts we can share email and phone numbers.

Thanks

Randy

Last edited by Reaper19; 06-02-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-10-2016, 06:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Just curious have you contacted Sony ?

Nothing's Perfect So Stop Expecting It ! Glenee

Sponsored Links
Advertisement