My Mitsubishi DLP TV shuts off w/ orange blinking lights - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-24-2017, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My Mitsubishi DLP TV shuts off w/ orange blinking lights

I have a WD73738(or 838), it's about 6.5 years old, I'm on my 3rd lamp (replaced 12 mos ago)... a couple of weeks ago it would shut off (after a loud "pop"), then the green light would flash and some orange. So I waited a few mins, turned it on again and it worked fine... but after a few days it happened again, so I waited a bit and turned it back on, only that time it just stayed on for a few hours before shutting off. After a few more days of the tv being off more than it was on, I did some research, and could not find a solution to the light show it was displaying, so I tried getting some canned air and blew out the vents in the back/sides... well, that seemed to work b/c for 2 weeks, everything was back to normal. 2 days ago the same problem started again.

As far as the error lights, this is what happens: first a rapid green blinking light (30 seconds), then a "click", the blue light flashes (once), then the rapid green flashing light (10 seconds), this repeats 3-4 times, then the rapid green flashing light (30 seconds), which is followed by 2 sets of blinking orange lights (8x each), then the rapid green flashing light (10 seconds), then another 2 sets of blinking orange lights (34x each), then the rapid green flashing light (10 seconds), then another 2 sets of blinking orange lights (24x each). Then after stopping for a few seconds, the whole cycle repeats. The tv will still come on and the picture is good*, it just wont stay on.

* picture is dimming a little and takes a bit to fully "warm up".

Most recent "error code": 2 sets of 12 orange, repeated 3 times with rapid green flashing light between.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-03-2017, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seems like there are no Mits folks around anymore to help. I have had a couple posts also waiting for any assistance. We are a few years too late it appears....
post #3 of 4 Old 09-13-2017, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 30
try Mr. Bob, he's old throwback for RPTV and has worked on my Pioneer 510 when i had it. look him up.

post #4 of 4 Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Here's a site I found with error codes. No background on these guys so I'd take it with a grain of salt. They do not mention an orange light. Maybe it's actually "red?"

http://www.stereoandvideorepairco.co...eshooting.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
dlp , flashing , light , Mitsubishi , orange

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page