Sony GWIII Owners thread - Page 131 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2015, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help with Grand Wega1 Board

I have a Grand Wega KF 60WE610. My TV just started the 6 Blink indicator. At first, it took 1 or 2 retries to start the TV. It now takes 15 to 25 to finally start up. I removed the TV power from the surge protector and no difference. Changed the bulb, no difference. The area around the bulb had no signs of damage or melt from heat. I cleaned the fan in the back (was not that dirty). Once I turn the TV off, if I try to restart TV, it turns on, on the first attempt. All indications from things I read say replace the G1 Board. I have the service manual but due to my limited knowledge, have NO IDEA where G1 board is and how much is involved to remove it. Can anyone provide any insight or instruction or knowledge of what it takes to get to the G1 Board and remove the G1 Board? Willing to give it a try to rescue TV. Still has GREAT Picture. I still have to find the part A1302272A but it looks impossible to find. Any info would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2015, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianR1 View Post
I have a Grand Wega KF 60WE610. My TV just started the 6 Blink indicator. At first, it took 1 or 2 retries to start the TV. It now takes 15 to 25 to finally start up. I removed the TV power from the surge protector and no difference. Changed the bulb, no difference. The area around the bulb had no signs of damage or melt from heat. I cleaned the fan in the back (was not that dirty). Once I turn the TV off, if I try to restart TV, it turns on, on the first attempt. All indications from things I read say replace the G1 Board. I have the service manual but due to my limited knowledge, have NO IDEA where G1 board is and how much is involved to remove it. Can anyone provide any insight or instruction or knowledge of what it takes to get to the G1 Board and remove the G1 Board? Willing to give it a try to rescue TV. Still has GREAT Picture. I still have to find the part A1302272A but it looks impossible to find. Any info would be great.
Had the same problem with ours about 2 years ago. Good luck getting parts... Sony no longer supports this TV. I got lucky and came across an ebay auction where someone was selling "any part inside this TV for $5..." I purchased the G1 (if I recall it's the main power board?) for $5 and swapped it out. It's been working every since. It is not difficult to replace... basically unplug the old board and plug in a new one.

Good luck finding one.

-cheers

"I'm your huckleberry."
Old 01-29-2016, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still watching mine. I had some repairs (don't remember precisely what) probably six years ago, and since then, it has been fine. I don't use it as my "everyday" TV so it should last a long time. :-)
Old 03-19-2016, 04:27 PM

Well I am finally retiring my old 50". The bulb indicator is on for the third time since 2/12/04, first time was 2/19/04 due to the bulb issues back then. It's been an amazing set, surviving 12 years with a picture that still looked good, four moves and over 2100 miles.

I'll put a classified up shortly but it's free to anyone that wants to pick it up.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:14 AM

Going on 12 years, only 1 bulb change and my 60" is still going strong like the energizer bunny. I honestly want it to die so I can get me something new for my basement, but I can't bring myself to just remove it. The picture is bright, and because it doens't have an HDMI input, I have to make sure my cable boxes all have component compatibility as well as an optical out input. Other than that, this thing has served me well for the past 12 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement