Panasonic PT-50LC13 - How many hours on your bulb? - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 345 Old 06-10-2006, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i have a panasonic dlp model pt-56dlx25. how do y'all panasonic owners get into the menu that shows the hours for the lamps? i hope it's the same on my set at this set. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 345 Old 06-12-2006, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
anyone else gotten the a letter proposed settlement of the class action lawsuit i will post a copy as soon as i can.
post #213 of 345 Old 06-20-2006, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
got my letter about the class action and though I guess i should check that url instead and whatever particular threads are about the settlement itself the main thing I am worried about now is that I not eligible for it because my bulb didn't go before May 31st or something. Shouldn't it be if it goes in a certain # of hours not just by a certain date?

Also, like in my case and others what if the ballast went and not the actual lamp/bulb? That is just as bad and should be included. Or does there have to be another case about the ballast.

To me the best option seemed to be the option to get $1,000 towards a new Panny tv of 1500 or more which your still spending extra money on but if your ready for a new tv anyway a 1,000 towards would be great especially if you can buy anywhere including online and therefore get a good deal on top of your 1000 off but I was planning on buying a Samsung dlp next.

Usually class actions suck for the consumers who gets like .03 cents while the lawyers make out big time but I was recently a class member for a settlement agains a cell phone on verizon the v710 and it worked out surprisingly well for the consumer who got a full refund for their phone and waived etf fee or full refund of what you paid if you had receipt 200 without towards a new phone on vzw. Also, as long as it took it was supposedly quick for a class action.

So this one could take a long time and not be that great for the consumer. it seems almost as good as the other one and similiar with a few options to choose from but i just think it will exclude too many ppl including myself and be more trouble then its worth to follow up on. As well, for some reason i dont think i could find my 60lc13 receipt last i checked as i think i only had a receipt for a 50lc13 which was upgraded for free without new receipt by the local merchant who did so to make up for getting sued for fraud of selling me used goods as new on the 50" so thats how they handled it once i caught them and they were nasty about it too as if it was my fault that I wasn't dumb and caught them so i can't get receipt from them if they even have record of it which i doubt so i'm prob out of luck.

Just going to move it to the basement in teh fall and get a new tv anyway and like i said prob not a panny so the 1,000 off a new panny tv would do me no good.
post #214 of 345 Old 07-03-2006, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVboy View Post

Maybe we need to look at other explanations as to the longevity of your lamp. Are there any daily rituals you perform? What about your thermostat setting, humidity levels, etc? 10k+ is pretty amazing.

I think one thing that may have been preserving my bulb is that I have the TV connected to a true UPS system, which filters the AC voltage, and supplies enough power to run the set for several minutes in case of a power outage.

Life is tough. Life is tougher if you are stupid.
post #215 of 345 Old 07-03-2006, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, bulb update...

LAMP OPERATION TIME
TOTAL : 11196h
CURRENT LAMP: 1135h
OSD DISPLAY : ON
LON COUNT : 2349

Still on the original bulb. The current lamp time is of course when I reset my timer to get rid of the nag screen that says replace bulb and reset timer.

post #216 of 345 Old 07-03-2006, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post

Oh yeah, bulb update...

LAMP OPERATION TIME

Still on the original bulb. The current lamp time is of course when I reset my timer to get rid of the nag screen that says replace bulb and reset timer.

That's still awesome! You should start a new thread entitled "most hours on a lamp" or something, just so that people can see something positive posted about lamps for a change.

Suburbia: where trees are cut down and streets are named after them.
Flickr photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nvsteve/sets/
post #217 of 345 Old 07-05-2006, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

OK, I just lost my second bulb within 6 months. The kicker is after I lost the bulb the first time, I moved the set down to the playroom, so the new bulb can't have 100 hours on it.

With that said, my daughter noticed the TV would not come on yesterday, so last night I pulled the bulb and it was trashed. We had had some violent storms recently, but the TV was not on during the storms.

So is it possible for the bulb to get damaged by a surge when the TV is off? I know the TV is not actually off as there is still power going to it, but the bulb is off.

I have a surge protector on the TV and whole house surge protectors as well.

Any ideas. Thanks.

Please do not send me PM's asking for software! You will not get it.
post #218 of 345 Old 07-07-2006, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan View Post

Any ideas. Thanks.

Have you ever had your ballast replaced? If you still have some kind of extended warranty, it might be worth it to have someone come out and have a look.

post #219 of 345 Old 07-07-2006, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVboy View Post

Have you ever had your ballast replaced?

No I haven't. I take it that is not a user replaceable part. No warranty.

Please do not send me PM's asking for software! You will not get it.
post #220 of 345 Old 07-07-2006, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan View Post

No I haven't. I take it that is not a user replaceable part. No warranty.

From what I've been told (and heard on this forum), only a tech can get the parts & do the replacement. There were a number of posts concerning this on other threads which discussed having x number of bulbs blow in x amount of time, finally having the ballast replaced & no more problems.

Then again, it may not be the ballast. But, you should call a few Panasonic authorized service centers and at least get a quote to come out and have a look at the set. Having them check your TV should cost less than a replacement lamp, so it may be worth it. Especially if it improves the longevity of your lamp life.

post #221 of 345 Old 07-08-2006, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

is there another thread about the class action on the lc13's?

I'd really like to follow what is going on with that and see if I am eligible
post #222 of 345 Old 07-09-2006, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatre View Post

is there another thread about the class action on the lc13's?

I'd really like to follow what is going on with that and see if I am eligible

Go to the website that was posted earlier - http://www.tvlampsettlement.com/
post #223 of 345 Old 07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

any discussion of it on this thread or other? I know with a similiar case to this but for a cell phone, the thread about it helped many share info and answer questions.

My concerns are for one I don't think I have my receipt anymore for this tv and though I guess the small local audio/video store I got it from may have record of it I am not positive of that plus do not want to deal with them after they sold me a used a 50lc13 with 800 some hours on the lamp as new which is fraud and then exchanged it for a 60lc13 to make up for it when caught so I wouldn't report it.

So my receipt is going to show a 50lc13 while I have a 60lc13 if I can even find or obtain one.

Also, my lamp hasn't gone yet but my ballast has. I see no mention of the ballast repair/replace cost which seems unfair as many had that go before the lamp and much sooner then it should on any tv. Should they have to make a separate case for the ballast?

The only remedy of much interest to me would be for the $1000 towards a new tv but it has to be Panasonic and I most likely wasn't going to get a Panasonic next. Also that remedy requires 3 or more lamp failuers

one remedy is reimbursement for cost of replacment lamp but again nothing for the ballast which was as much or more to replace/repair.

So it seems that all I or many may be eligible for is the extended warranty until May 31 , 2007 which isn't that great and I may not even be able to get that without receipt.

crappy case and terms. The one for my cell phone was much better and myself and many others got full refund of what we paid for the phone after 2 years of use or more and were able to use it to get any new phone we wanted not just same brand and also had the option to switch carrier.

This case is not offering full refund for the tv and only allowing you to get a replacment tv which i'm assuming is another of the same model or $1000 towards another Panasonic model.

bleh.
post #224 of 345 Old 07-12-2006, 05:27 PM

Does anyone know if that extended warranty only covers the lamp or the rest of the unit also?
My pt-50lc13 was dropped off at repair shop today, I believe it's the ballast , the bulb was changed in Feb. Anyway concacted Panasonic 2 weeks ago with same question,their customer service sucks,at first they said it only covers the lamp but I continued to point out thats not the way it reads,it just says "extended warranty remedy"it is the only remedy that does not specify lamp issues. They asked for fax of purchase reciept and lamp receipt, I faxed 3 different times and they say thay never recieved it. I guess they finaly got them and now I've called back 3 different times and told rep assigned will be "contacting me soon" of course I haven't heard anything. It's just making me wonder if maybe I could be right and panny is just ignoring me? The tv was purchased in Feb. 04.
Thanks Clearman
PS i dont post I read However you people are a wealth of information! THANKS!!
post #225 of 345 Old 07-12-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearman View Post

Does anyone know if that extended warranty only covers the lamp or the rest of the unit also?
My pt-50lc13 was dropped off at repair shop today, I believe it's the ballast , the bulb was changed in Feb. Anyway concacted Panasonic 2 weeks ago with same question,their customer service sucks,at first they said it only covers the lamp but I continued to point out thats not the way it reads,it just says "extended warranty remedy"it is the only remedy that does not specify lamp issues. They asked for fax of purchase reciept and lamp receipt, I faxed 3 different times and they say thay never recieved it. I guess they finaly got them and now I've called back 3 different times and told rep assigned will be "contacting me soon" of course I haven't heard anything. It's just making me wonder if maybe I could be right and panny is just ignoring me? The tv was purchased in Feb. 04.
Thanks Clearman
PS i dont post I read However you people are a wealth of information! THANKS!!

My letter reads as an extended warranty, and not on just the lamp, i purchased an extended warranty for my set and it goes out nov of 07, at least i can deal with circuit city, they are not bad for lamps got mine in 2 days.
post #226 of 345 Old 07-15-2006, 02:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Received check for full price I paid for a cellphone 2 years ago that is now worth only a fraction of what I paid. Regardless I and others received full refund for the phone after using it 2 years.

That was a rare good class action suit.

There should be an option here to get full refund. There isn't even anything close and those like myself whose ballasts went before the bulb have no relief.

So forget it, just like they hope, i'm prob not going to the trouble for this one and just wont get a panny next time. They could at least reimburse me for the ballast.
post #227 of 345 Old 07-26-2006, 01:42 PM

Quote:

How do you reset the timer? I just had my bulb unit thingy replaced but the technician didn't do anything to reset the timer.
post #228 of 345 Old 07-27-2006, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egnix View Post

How do you reset the timer? I just had my bulb unit thingy replaced but the technician didn't do anything to reset the timer.

You do that from the service menu. I can't remember the exact button combination to get into it off the top of my head, but it should be posted in the early stages of this thread. If not, do a search for Panasonic, PT-50LC13, or black levels. There are a number of threads floating around that beat this to death.

post #229 of 345 Old 08-01-2006, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member

so anyone taking advantage of the class action. I'm thinking i'm in eligible, but I know others in the same situation as me that had to have the ballast replaced were complaining the class action didn't include anything about that.

I would think Panny would at least reimburse me for that cost but problem is I couldn't find receipt for the tv last i checked and probably only have a receipt for the 50" if anything as the local merchant gave me the 60" for free in fear of being sued for fraud (selling used goods as new) after I discovered hours on the bulb of the 50 which was supposed to be new.

I think it was just a year when the ballast went or less and should have been covered. i just can't be bothered. Hopefully getting a new tv soon and the class action at the best relief which you were only eligible for if you had multiple bulb failures rewarded you with $1000 towards a new panny tv and i'm not getting a panny next time so its useless to me.

bleh, its been a fine tv though and no problems after ballast repaired. the class action seems a little weak and panny got off easy though.

hopefully my bulb wont go before the normal amount of hours and by then it will be a basement tv and I'll either replace it or i guess maybe just get another bulb as long as its in the normal amount of hours of suggested bulb life.
post #230 of 345 Old 08-05-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Oh yeah, bulb update...

LAMP OPERATION TIME

So Cruiser, I congratulate you! I just reached that magic 10,000 number and was wondering...Are the horror stories I've been reading about the bulbs limited to the LC13s only? I have a PT-50LC14 that reaches its 2nd birthday tomorrow. My #'s are as follows:
LAMP OPERATION TIME
CURRENT LAMP: 10045h
OSD DISPLAY: ON
LON: 1298

Since the warning is coming on due to the 10045, should I just enter the work mode and reset it like I have a new lamp and see what happens, or replace the lamp now? Does anyone know if the suit involves the LC14's or not?
post #231 of 345 Old 08-05-2006, 05:44 PM

Holy ....

10000 hrs in 2 years! A bit of quick math indicates your TV has been on 57% of the time!! How'd you manage to still turn it on and off 1300 times

Look at the link about 10 posts above. As far as I know and have read, the settlement is only for LC13's and LC63's.
post #232 of 345 Old 08-05-2006, 06:16 PM

I have replaced 2 bulbs and ballast on first bulb blow out When I called for this bulb replacement last week CS was more receptive to exchange the lamp bulb. One more blow out and I either get a new TV or the certificate.

Jim

Bulb one 3125 Hrs
Bulb two 2859 Hrs
post #233 of 345 Old 08-06-2006, 07:58 AM

Bought mine in August, 2003. First bulb blew in May, 2006. The tv is on about 5 hours/day. I changed the bulb myself. It's incredibly easy.

Fortunately, I had purchased the extended 5 year warranty from Sears and it covers the bulb.
post #234 of 345 Old 08-06-2006, 12:25 PM

LAMP OPERATION TIME
CURRENT LAMP: 4980h
LON: 1777

Original Bulb, set purchased 9/03
post #235 of 345 Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 AM
AVS Special Member

anyone cashing in on the class action? doesn't seem that great and I and others are still mad it doesnt' include the ballast.

still on first bulb and approaching the suggested life of it, so i guess it diddn't or wont be going early but the ballast did, regardless i htink this makes me in eligible for the class action.
post #236 of 345 Old 08-19-2006, 09:42 AM

LAMP OPERATION TIME
CURRENT LAMP: 5481h
LON: 2180

Original Bulb, set purchased 7/04

This bulb shattered last week. I've been following recent discussions here about the class action suit, so I called Panasonic to see how they would handle a replacement. The CR asked a lot of questions, had me remove the bulb and read a number stamped on the housing, then sent out a replacement bulb at no charge.

The bulb is in, the set is working and I must say Panasonic was responsive and easy to deal with. The bulb has a 12 month warranty, but since I am on the May 2007 clock for other "performance issues", here's to hoping for two more real soon - or none at all.
post #237 of 345 Old 08-20-2006, 03:39 PM

Jcrofts-

Our PT50LC13 (TY-LA1000 lamp) shattered today. After reading your post, we called Panny and they told us that they would replace the lamp at no charge. They did, however also want to know the ser no. from the lamp housing. We merely have to send back the old lamp by return ship. They supply the return ship charge.

Also, they said that they are replacing ALL TY-LA1000 lamp requests due to the CA lawsuit. This should be a relief to many.

regards,

river
post #238 of 345 Old 08-24-2006, 01:18 PM

I am at 6400+ hours on original bulb purchased in July/Aug of 2004.

Is there a way using the hidden menus to adjust the overscan?
post #239 of 345 Old 09-16-2006, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Am I the first to exceed 12,000 hours on the original bulb?

LAMP OPERATION TIME
TOTAL : 12031h
CURRENT LAMP: 1970h
LON COUNT : 2490

My set is a little over 3 years old now, got it the end of August 2003.

post #240 of 345 Old 09-16-2006, 08:32 AM

Quote:

Am I the first to exceed 12,000 hours on the original bulb?

LAMP OPERATION TIME
TOTAL : 12031h
CURRENT LAMP: 1970h
LON COUNT : 2490

My set is a little over 3 years old now, got it the end of August 2003.

Wow so they can make a bulb that will go at least 10,000 hrs
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page