TV Stand Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 876 Old 11-02-2005, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone tell me the height of the stand for the 62827 Mits DLP TV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 876 Old 11-02-2005, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucer View Post

As I mentioned above...here is the finished product...

Sometimes comtemporary style just won't do, and a more traditional flavor is in order.

Made to coordinate with existing furniture, very stout, with beefy components.

It had to accomodate a large center speaker [Onix Rocket Bigfoot] @46lbs but only needed a couple component spaces due to a separate equipment rack [bottom independent shelf].

Construction includes pegged thru mortise and tenon joinery, hand turned 5.75" diameter legs, and 1.75" thick x 3" wide arched stretchers.

Speakers are Macassar Ebony.

Built-in tilt for perfect aim at seating position. Again, no enclosure for center channel to resonate in. Speaker brackets can be removed [same with the shelf]and table utilised as an occasional table, if one sees fit later on.

Any size, shape, or species is possible.

Absolutely beautiful work!
post #723 of 876 Old 11-03-2005, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Thanks AttaQ

Since I don't get to live with my designs, I seek pleasure and satisfaction from the process.
post #724 of 876 Old 11-09-2005, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

This Audio Protein Buffet was recently shipped to Albany, New York to go under a FP screen. Very solid unit, 1-1/2" bullnosed top and bottom in 'Diffusion Black' catalyzed light textured finish [tough as nails]. Shelf is adjustable, other units in the works include Ebony, Rosewood and Maple 8" columns. 19" component width spacing. Sizing built to suit.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...chmentid=45923
post #725 of 876 Old 11-12-2005, 01:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:

As I mentioned above...here is the finished product...
Sometimes comtemporary style just won't do, and a more traditional flavor is in order.
Made to coordinate with existing furniture, very stout, with beefy components.
It had to accomodate a large center speaker [Onix Rocket Bigfoot] @46lbs but only needed a couple component spaces due to a separate equipment rack [bottom independent shelf].
Construction includes pegged thru mortise and tenon joinery, hand turned 5.75" diameter legs, and 1.75" thick x 3" wide arched stretchers.
Speakers are Macassar Ebony.
Built-in tilt for perfect aim at seating position. Again, no enclosure for center channel to resonate in. Speaker brackets can be removed [same with the shelf]and table utilised as an occasional table, if one sees fit later on.
Any size, shape, or species is possible.

Norm is jealous...........
Where did you get THAT name from?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #726 of 876 Old 11-12-2005, 04:23 PM

What do guys think custom build
LL
post #727 of 876 Old 11-13-2005, 07:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

As in you?
How are those glass shelves supported?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
post #728 of 876 Old 11-13-2005, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

VB,

I seriously doubt he would be, I actually met him once, and he didn't seem like the jealous type But thanks

Name origin is from my ex-wife's nickname for me.. [ bruiser] spoken affectionately...not as in wife beater

Tommy's unit is reminiscent of a Soundations design, where the glass is a single pane extending thru the center [I'm betting].

-----

I may have someone interested in my Altar design...stretched for length:

Only problem is financing the $600 custom shaper cutter, ouch!
post #729 of 876 Old 11-14-2005, 01:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I seriously doubt he would be

I wasn't referring to him being Norm.............

post #730 of 876 Old 11-14-2005, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish Fan View Post

I was in Ikea this weekend-- planning on buying an Opilli to hold me over until I find a better one-- and saw a new model. It's the "Lack Entertainment Center" but I don't see it up on the web-site.

It's about 64"W 21" D. It's built like a center-- as opposed to a stand --in the sense that it has poles, extending up from the 4 corners, holding a top shelf. It's damn near ideal b/c you can put speakers on top of this platform. It also has a bottom shelf, below the shelf that holds the t/v. And it sits on large casters. If any of that makes sense.

Sorry I can't give a better description. It's all I can remember. Here's a brilliant rendering of what I recall (the single line being the floor).

==========================
=tvtvtvtvtvtvtvtvtvtvtvtvtvtvtvt=
=componentscomponentscompon =
=componentscomponentscompon =
0___________________________0

It's very simple and open (only 4 poles and 3 shelves, no back or sides) probably ideal for many. I think it was $195. Alas it's too deep and wide for my set-up.

I just saw one of these yesterday - it's a nice design IMO, and I'm debating between getting one, or spending $500-800 for something more substantial, probably from Bell'o. Here is the Lack entertainment center on the Ikea Australia site. Another view.
post #731 of 876 Old 11-14-2005, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.edwards View Post

Here is the Lack entertainment center on the Ikea Australia site. Another view.

LACK... yep it Lack's beauty all together. It looks more like a storage shelf you'd find in somebody's garage. Just my personal opinion.
post #732 of 876 Old 11-14-2005, 04:01 PM

Have you seen these nice modular TV stands I posted in another thread? Make your own custom design !

http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn/syn_gallery.jsp
LL
post #733 of 876 Old 11-14-2005, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbbnet View Post

LACK... yep it Lack's beauty all together. It looks more like a storage shelf you'd find in somebody's garage. Just my personal opinion.

Jeez - that's what I get for trying to help!

Meanwhile, I think I've talked myself into the Bello AVSC-2517MC. Is that any better from your standpoint?
post #734 of 876 Old 11-14-2005, 09:08 PM

The Java Urban Loft 60" Console from Costco caught my eye. Does anyone own it, or have any additional pics?

Link to it at Costco.com
LL
post #735 of 876 Old 11-15-2005, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Several pages back I shared a design [renderings] of a Plasma Credenza.B&W HTM1 accomodating. It could just as well suit a table top RPTV. Here's the actual finished product, Two 20 wide component compartments, and a very large center channel compartment for a B&W HTM1. Doors retract into the top...

Nice job, Brucer! I've been away from this thread for a while and missed your post a while back about this credenza. Does your customer find that his Krell amp does not overheat in this enclosed space? Even with the doors open, I'd think that the 20" width is a tight fit for such a large amp. Please e-mail me with info on what this unit cost to build (with and without the plasma support bars), if you would.
post #736 of 876 Old 11-16-2005, 11:42 AM

During my neverending search to find a "furniture-type" TV stand with a height suitable for my Samsung 6168, I came across this site:

Modloft

To see the stands they offer, check the 8th and 9th pages of their catalogue. They have about 15 or so.

They don't seem to offer different finishes (only a wenge finish) and seem to be made of MDF with a veneer. Some of them also don't seem very functional (for IR reasons and possibly ventilation). Still, "furniture-type" stands with such a low height are difficult to find so I thought I'd share the info.
post #737 of 876 Old 11-17-2005, 01:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Geekman,

So far so good. The inside width is slightly wider than the openings, and the cabinet well ventilated. The Krell amp [a heavy beast] was previously parked in the bottom of a wall unit rack on a slide out shelf [with even less clearances], I built a few years ago for him. That tall unit had pocket doors, and never had any heat problems, although I'm fairly sure he left doors open most of the time system was in use. I've yet to have to add fans for cooling to any unit I have designed and built, this includes rack mount pro gear racks for sound reinforcement systems. Of course pro gear tends to have fans in the components, anyway.
post #738 of 876 Old 11-19-2005, 01:16 AM

I was looking at stands for the Samsung 6168w, because the official TR61X2 is a bit too short for me at 17". But the one (Z-line Z22-1S, 22" tall) I'm looking at most closely is slightly too small for the TV - only 55" wide, while the TV is 56.9" wide. Might this present a problem - should I worry about it?

Other stands I was looking at include the Gusdorf 18421 (19.25") and the TR63 (20.3"), the stand for the older Samsung 63 series.
post #739 of 876 Old 11-19-2005, 05:32 AM

Take a look at this stand as it sounds like it will fit in the size dept you're looking at. All metal/steel and glass contemporary open shelf type stand.

Dimensions: 59-1/8"W x 17-3/4"D x 19-7/8"H
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3601502

"When only ultra-contemporary style will do, Bush's Platinum Mist 60" Flat Panel TV Stand is for you. Tempered glass shelves rest on vibration-dampening rubber pads for enhanced sound quality. Eye-catching open architecture allows you to configure your components however you wish. Tested for tip stability with your safety in mind."
post #740 of 876 Old 11-19-2005, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the rec, but I need a stand that's 57" or less wide.
post #741 of 876 Old 11-23-2005, 10:23 AM

Last night I put together my Bello AVSC-2517MC. This thing is really nice. It weighs 120 pounds, and is solid as a rock.

Unfortunately I had to remove the feet from my Kenwood VR-4090, which can't be good for it. I had worried about having room for my center channel, and hadn't even thought about the height of my largish receiver. On the bright side, I would kinda like an excuse to ditch the receiver anyway - hopefully it will last until HDMI-capable receivers are more affordable.
post #742 of 876 Old 12-15-2005, 05:43 PM

Unfortunately I had to remove the feet from my Kenwood VR-4090, which can't be good for it. I had worried about having room for my center channel, and hadn't even thought about the height of my largish receiver. On the bright side, I would kinda like an excuse to ditch the receiver anyway - hopefully it will last until HDMI-capable receivers are more affordable.[/quote]

You're right.....there's lots of nice stands out there but few that will work with certain components and speakers. I like your choice of Bello but I finally had to go with the AVS-2601. It had about the most usable shelf space. (height and width).
post #743 of 876 Old 12-18-2005, 06:24 PM

I see one person here has it and loves it, but I have a 45 lb Pioneed RT-707 reel- to-reel tape deck and I just won a 42 lb HK AVR-635 receiver on e-Bay. I want to put a Technics SL-1300 turntable on something and my new Panasonic S-97 DVD player on it too. The AT-423T just scares me. I have the Bello AT-422T rack which is its companion. They do match, but the thing I have supports the lower glass shelves in little clips at two points attached to the two front legs, and the glass then slides into a slit in the rear center column. That gives each glass shelf three points of support. With the AT-423T, each glass shelf is supported only by the two little clips at the sides. The shelves are rated to hold 50 lbs each, but with components like mine, I fear I am too close to the limit wrt the tape deck and the HK receiver. How much weight is anybody trusting to this rack? Does anyone think about 45 lbs on two of the 4 shelves would be safe? Bello has another 5 shelf rack that has 4 straight legs and looks a lot safer (the AT-4211), but it has a companion that also has 4 straight (vertical) legs and so it might look funny with my three-legged AT-422T, two of whoes legs come up and back at an angle. The AT-423T's legs also come up and back at an angle so it matches what I have, but is it safe for 45 lb components?
post #744 of 876 Old 12-20-2005, 01:09 PM

I have a samsung hlr5067w, i want to get a new stand (wide) which will hold 6 components. The stand I have now is 25 inches tall. What height would be best for my new stand?

Thanks,
Vinny
post #745 of 876 Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicator View Post

I have a samsung hlr5067w, i want to get a new stand (wide) which will hold 6 components. The stand I have now is 25 inches tall. What height would be best for my new stand?

Thanks,
Vinny

Sit in you favourite chair and measure your eye height above the floor. Then measure from the center height of your TV screen to the bottom of your TV. Subtract this from your eye height and you have the perfect height for your stand.
post #746 of 876 Old 12-26-2005, 08:23 PM

I just bought this stand at a great price for my soon to be 42 inch Panasonic Plasma.

Hopefully it will fit fine.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...048862&catid=#
post #747 of 876 Old 12-27-2005, 04:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hooker Furniture has alot of nice stands

http://www.hookerfurniture.com/catal...D=9&parentID=9

I love this HD stuff!
post #748 of 876 Old 12-27-2005, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastplace View Post

Hooker Furniture has alot of nice stands

http://www.hookerfurniture.com/catal...D=9&parentID=9

Nice, and not at all how I would imagine 'hooker' furniture.
post #749 of 876 Old 01-01-2006, 05:46 AM

Just ordered a 60" sxrd and looking for a stand...

What stand satisfies your need for room for a center speaker? What did you buy?

I'm looking at the BELLO AVS-2762

Any suggestions??
post #750 of 876 Old 01-01-2006, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
hey guys .. great thread

Looking at getting a O'Sullivan - Transitions Wide TV Stand #20235 to go with my 46" Samsung DLP ... anyone have this stand & can give me some feed back on it ?

bah can't post a link yet I just joined

just google o'sullivan 20235
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page