TV Stand Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 876 Old 08-27-2004, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
These cocktail tables are 54 x 18 deep by 16 inches high and also have choice of tops, one being cherry. No storage tho.
http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/prod...ons&dept=RB221
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 876 Old 08-27-2004, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Roxymusic
Warm, but not hot. Using about 9" of that bottom right shelf, gives the receiver about 2+" on top. There are also (6) total cut-out's in this unit of about 3" in diameter for each of the 6 possible shelves including the center area....funny you mention this....the Tivo - now very quiet, has jumped from a very comfortable 39 celcius to 47 with the glass door (left side) shut!
Kind of like shopping for these stupid stands, one thing leads to another and nothing is really perfect unless you spend $1,000+!

Hard drives don't like elevated temperatures. I would definitely consider a small fan in the back of the cabinet.

John
post #183 of 876 Old 08-27-2004, 11:24 AM

An actual stand for the Kirk 5085? I am thinking of getting this sytem and see people talking about a shelf stand to go with it - is this a reality, or some home-made solution people are talking about. I would get this system but don't have a place to the side for all my components.
post #184 of 876 Old 08-27-2004, 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ockham
Thanks for that. It's not quite wide enough for my HLP 61" but I'll keep on looking.

Not sure what your budget is..............you could try the Salamander designs. Two single 20 units and a custom shelf which is height adjustable. Just a thought.
post #185 of 876 Old 08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for that. It's not quite wide enough for my HLP 61" but I'll keep on looking.

The ikea one should fit it.
post #186 of 876 Old 08-27-2004, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BigAl
Lastblade, I saw that stand at BB last week... looked to be well built and reasonably priced, I think I'm going to get that one for the mits 52" DLP. If you pick it up, let me know your thoughts. Specifically if the shelves are deep enough to hold an AV receiver.

I wish I could find a stand that is 50" wide with 2 shelves that are deep enough to hold my components... all the stands I've seen are either 48 or 58.

I just found out that I can get the JVC HDILA stand for a good price, and it looks very good (similar to one of the Bellos), so I guess I won't be getting that Bush after all.
post #187 of 876 Old 08-27-2004, 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fedreams
Not sure what your budget is..............you could try the Salamander designs. Two single 20 units and a custom shelf which is height adjustable. Just a thought.

I thought of that idea, but then with the singles on either end plus at least a 58" bridge, the whole thing would totally dominate my wall. Plus, those Salamanders are pricey as all get-up.

I think I'm going to go with Mark's idea and try that Ikea model. I'm a little concerned about the particle board, but hopeful that a trip to Home Depot may give me some inspiration. I'll be sure to post a pic when I've got it just right, unless, of course, it looks like crap, in which case you can just go ahead and use your imagination. Thanks, again.
post #188 of 876 Old 08-27-2004, 07:09 PM

I went with this Bush stand (Model: VS74377) from Best Buy after searching for hours after finally buying my Sony 50" LCD.
LL
post #189 of 876 Old 08-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I thought of that idea, but then with the singles on either end plus at least a 58" bridge, the whole thing would totally dominate my wall. Plus, those Salamanders are pricey as all get-up.

I think I'm going to go with Mark's idea and try that Ikea model. I'm a little concerned about the particle board, but hopeful that a trip to Home Depot may give me some inspiration. I'll be sure to post a pic when I've got it just right, unless, of course, it looks like crap, in which case you can just go ahead and use your imagination. Thanks, again.

Trust me you can't see the particle board, it is strong and works just. I am sure you will like it.
post #190 of 876 Old 08-28-2004, 04:48 AM

I definitely second the Ikea Oppli. It feels solid and is on casters; you also can't beat the price.
post #191 of 876 Old 08-28-2004, 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Music
I went with this Bush stand (Model: VS74377) from Best Buy after searching for hours after finally buying my Sony 50" LCD.

That's a nice one; how high is it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #192 of 876 Old 08-28-2004, 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JimF_NJ
That's a nice one; how high is it?

22"

Here are the specs on it that are listed on Best Buy's website

Place up to a 50" DLP on this modern TV stand. The open-back design provides easy access to cables and rear jack panels. With stylish tinted glass shelves and a sleek satin chrome finish, it pleases the eyes.

Accommodates 36" to 50" TVs and 40" to 50" DLP/LCD tabletop projection TVs

Tinted, tempered glass glass shelves conveniently and stylishly hold A/V components

Product Features

Perfect for 36" to 50" TVs and 40" to 50" DLP/LCD tabletop projection TVs

Weight capacity for television set is 200 lbs.

Measures 22-7/8"H x 58"W x 24"D

Satin chrome finish

Tempered glass shelves with tinted glass to hold A/V components

Vibration-dampening design with adjustable feet

Assembly required

Product Details

Warranty Terms - Parts 6 years

Warranty Terms - Labour 6 years

Product Height 22-7/8"

Product Width 58"

Product Weight 59 lbs.

Product Length 24"

Assembly Required Yes

Maximum TV Size Accommodates 36" to 50" plasma and 40" to 50" DLP/LCD tabletop projection

Weight Capacity for Television 200 lbs.

Shelves 2 glass shelves

Color/Finish Satin chrome
post #193 of 876 Old 08-28-2004, 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Allez
I definitely second the Ikea Oppli. It feels solid and is on casters; you also can't beat the price.

I was looking at the Oppli, but am leaning toward the Timra. It's about $50 more than the Oppli, but it's higher, deeper and not as wide. I'm planning on getting the Panny 50" DLP which is 56" wide, but the base it only 41" Wide. The Timra is 46" Wide and 19.6" High

Ikea Timra Link
post #194 of 876 Old 08-28-2004, 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lodey
An actual stand for the Kirk 5085? I am thinking of getting this sytem and see people talking about a shelf stand to go with it - is this a reality, or some home-made solution people are talking about. I would get this system but don't have a place to the side for all my components.

Anyone?
post #195 of 876 Old 08-28-2004, 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mach430
Anyone?

this link was previously posted earlier on this thread

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...id=TR85X%2fXAA
post #196 of 876 Old 08-29-2004, 12:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by handydave
I was looking at the Oppli, but am leaning toward the Timra. It's about $50 more than the Oppli, but it's higher, deeper and not as wide. I'm planning on getting the Panny 50" DLP which is 56" wide, but the base it only 41" Wide. The Timra is 46" Wide and 19.6" High

Ikea Timra Link

It's ok but I hate seeing the sides of the ugly equipment.
post #197 of 876 Old 08-29-2004, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fedreams
this link was previously posted earlier on this thread

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...id=TR85X%2fXAA

Right, but I was hoping for either a less expensive stand, or one that will offer more for my money. At ~$400, the Samsung stand leaves more to be desired.
post #198 of 876 Old 08-29-2004, 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mach430
Right, but I was hoping for either a less expensive stand, or one that will offer more for my money. At ~$400, the Samsung stand leaves more to be desired.

I've been doing a lot of looking on the net at stands. This is the ONLY one I've seen for the Kirk so far.
post #199 of 876 Old 08-29-2004, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

I can't understand why anyone would get the Kirk and then wrap a stand around the base full of ugly audio equipment. You might as well get the normal model then.
post #200 of 876 Old 08-29-2004, 03:21 PM
faz

Does anyone have the official stand for the 6163W - the Samsung TR63? I haven't heard much discussion on this stand, but it looks good and is flush with the TV. The TV is now in my basement and is sitting on the floor unconnected because I can't decide on a stand! My wife likes the TR63, but at $500?!! I'm not so sure... Anyone seen it for cheaper?
post #201 of 876 Old 08-29-2004, 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by faz
Does anyone have the official stand for the 6163W - the Samsung TR63? I haven't heard much discussion on this stand, but it looks good and is flush with the TV. The TV is now in my basement and is sitting on the floor unconnected because I can't decide on a stand! My wife likes the TR63, but at $500?!! I'm not so sure... Anyone seen it for cheaper?

Here is a Bush stand with a simalar design for significantly less and wide enough for the 61:
http://www.racksandstands.com/prods/...h/0PBU1097.htm

Haven't seen the TR63
post #202 of 876 Old 08-29-2004, 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jbarbbcuny
Here is a Bush stand with a simalar design for significantly less and wide enough for the 61:
http://www.racksandstands.com/prods/...h/0PBU1097.htm

Haven't seen the TR63

I was going to buy this.... but if you are going to buy Bush furniture, it is much cheaper here (you would still come out ahead after shipping charges):

http://www.bush-furniture-online.com
post #203 of 876 Old 08-29-2004, 10:43 PM

Liked: 16
This is a truly awesome thread with a lot of good leads for most people, and clever solutions for those with tricky setups. I still haven't found the "perfect" solution for my upcoming RPTV... probably a 50" Sammy or a 52" Mits DLP.

I'm thinking of going with the corner approach, that is, placing the TV so it is catty-corner. My preference is for a stand that would be enclosed in front and sides, with enough open space in back to allow good ventilation and access for wiring. It has to be on casters so I can slide it out for access, and if it has any wood, I'd like it to be teak, mahogany, or walnut... definitely not light wood. Front doors should be glass or the wood type that pivot and slide into the back.

My reason for the specific wood is that I'd like to flank the TV with a sort of bookshelf system that must be at least 24" wide, 18" deep, and 78" to 84" high. Somehow... I'll have to mount a wall shelf or bridge to handle my Infinity center channel speaker.

I'm almost tempted to dismantle and rebuild my current AV stand, which is an old Kenwood walnut piece. It's about 48" high, has 1-1/4" thick walnut sides, and smoked glass doors. If I cut the sides down to say... 20" and mounted a 3/4" birch plywood top/bottom, then had the doors cut, well it might be the best route. I'm laying this out in visio and it looks like I could have room for 4-6 components on the sides using four uprights, with a 12" wide center partition that could house two drawers, a shallow 6" high one for remotes and junk, and a taller 12" one for manuals and other stuff.

We've already agreed that an open stand is a no-no because my wife said they look like dust collectors and she hates the exposed wires that almost inevitably come with those designs whn you have 4-6 components. I also look at the rebuild as a cost-effective approach so I don't have to spend $1000-$2000 to get the "perfect" stand. I may post my design down the road, but one question I don't have the answer to is whether there's an optimum stand height to mount either of the sets I mentioned above. I wish someone would develop a "table" that matches TVs to optimized viewing heights.

Mike

Iron Horse

If God had intended man to watch TV 24/7, he would have given him rabbit ears Â
post #204 of 876 Old 08-30-2004, 04:45 AM

Hey all, I just had a bad experience this weekend putting together a stand that when done, would not accommodate my components in the side shelves. Now I am looking for a wood finish stand that will hold a receiver, DVD player, VCR (yeah, I know, but it's for the kids!), a cable box and a center channel speaker. I found this on furniturebuzz.

http://www.furniturebuzz.com/detail....del=SW8854-103

I cannot find the dimensions for the side shelves. It looks like it can accommodate components (as they are shown in the picture) but I want to make sure before I order on-line (probably cannot return if I do). Does anyone have experience with this model? Any other models with wood finish? BTY, my soon to be set is a Sammy 5063. Thanks for the help!
post #205 of 876 Old 08-30-2004, 08:23 AM
faz

For the couple people who got this Bush stand:

http://www.everythingfurniture.com/p...v-stand-8.html

Can anyone post a picture with their TV on top of it? I have a 6163 and am just about ready to pull the trigger on this stand. Is it stable?
post #206 of 876 Old 08-30-2004, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

See my earlier post about the site I ordered my Tech Craft PTV58B from recently. I have to say I got a great deal and very fast shipping from www.avdealdepot.com. I placed my order Thursday afternoon and it's already out for delivery via UPS. I paid $255.55 shipped but they have since raised the price of the stand $10 and shipping up $17 so it's now around $282 delivered. Still a great deal vs a place like racksandstands where it sells for $395 shipped. Just wanted to say avdealdepot came through, I had never heard of them before but everything has gone smoothly and I was very happy/lucky to get the price that I did. They also carry the repair master warranties.
post #207 of 876 Old 08-30-2004, 09:25 AM

Well I went ahead and picked up that Oppli yesterday from Ikea and then spent the day yesterday painting it to match the rest of our cherry wood funiture. I must admit that though I'm no Picasso, the thing is really coming together nicely. The pieces seem quite sturdy, it's the right heighth and width and there really shouldn't be any heat issues. A few ties for cord management in the back, and I really think this is going to go well. I plan on putting the whole thing together tonight after work (now that the paint is dry) and I'll try to post a picture. Again, thanks to all.
post #208 of 876 Old 08-30-2004, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by faz

I have 2 brand new Samsung stands for sale, the part # TR61L2S i can sell each for $370 OBO. I can't post direct picture so please go to this URL, copy and paste it in your broweser.
"a.im.craigslist.org/Uk/yY/gyuOnfwawJyKIH9QImat9WitoHRv.jpg"
post #209 of 876 Old 08-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This thread has been really helpful. I've also been looking at a video stand from Sanus (since it's my first post here, I can't post the website, but add a www to the front and a dot-com to the back and you'll get there).

My local Magnolia store carries their Euro line, which is attractive and relatively inexpensive. The base unit is about $150 and additional shelves are about $70 each. You can also get 12" replacement pillars to allow larger centers to fit. The big downside is that the unit is only 42.5" wide. You can add 22" audio stand next to it, but I don't think you can permanently attach them, so moving the unit might be an issue (plus all those components start adding up).
post #210 of 876 Old 08-30-2004, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

According to the UPS tracking page my Tech Craft PTV58B stand has been delivered. Can't wait to get home and put it together. It's going to look sweet in my living room.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page