The Toshiba DLP (HM/HMX) Owners Thread - Page 274 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8191 of 8198 Old 12-19-2012, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I'm the original owner of a 56HM66 which worked flawlessly for 6 years until I had to replace the lamp 4 months ago. Since then it has been fine until recently when the lamp will start for 5 - 10 sec then shut down. To make a long story short, I find that the lamp fan is not running. All the other fans work OK. I replaced the fan but it still doesn't spin up. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Craig Haggerty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8192 of 8198 Old 12-30-2012, 07:57 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here & just wanted to run something by anyone out there. I have a 46HM95 DLP, 6 years old & out of warranty. Of course Toshiba wants to charge me to ask them a question on their 800 "help" line, real customer service !!! Anyhow, I get no power & the code isn't in the manual, for a green blinking light that blinks 3 times every three seconds. No picture, no voice, no nothing. My wife has been changing the bulbs (I can't get my hands in there) & she checked the door (the red light blinked when she had it open). Before I call a technician, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. It's a nice tv & the picture is great, and I believe we have gone through 4 bulbs on this unit (I could be wrong on that count). Any advise would be appreciated. Happy Holidays to all !
post #8193 of 8198 Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM

I own a 46HM95 with the exact problem & my service guide doesn't say anything about it either. How did you make out with this problem ? Same as #7457
post #8194 of 8198 Old 02-17-2013, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a 52HM94 that takes a TB25-LMP lamp. I am trying to find a "real" replacement lamp but keep running into cheaper OEM replacements with poor reviews. Are the "real" bulbs no longer produced? Can anyone point me toward a source for quality bulbs?

I tried ebay lamptycoons and got a "genuine OEM" bulb that lasted exactly two days. It was clearly not the same as the original bulb with many of the metal parts replaced with plastic and only a partially sealed glass bulb.
post #8195 of 8198 Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM

Try niosales on ebay - I have used them in the past = also I have bought replacment lamps from others who have scrapped their TV's for various reasons - also search this form for a thread about replacing the ballast board - I changed mine about 4-5 years ago and have only used one lamp since then
post #8196 of 8198 Old 02-23-2013, 03:13 PM

I am trying to figure out what is the problem with my Mom's 62HM84 TV. She has a loud fan sound whirring going on, but other than that everything works fine.

Any ideas what is wrong that i should look to replace? would love to get this working well for her again.

She has replaced the lamp once.
post #8197 of 8198 Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail View Post

I have a 52HM94 that takes a TB25-LMP lamp. I am trying to find a "real" replacement lamp but keep running into cheaper OEM replacements with poor reviews. Are the "real" bulbs no longer produced? Can anyone point me toward a source for quality bulbs?

I tried ebay lamptycoons and got a "genuine OEM" bulb that lasted exactly two days. It was clearly not the same as the original bulb with many of the metal parts replaced with plastic and only a partially sealed glass bulb.

So after a bit of haggling with them they agreed to send a replacement. The replacement they sent appears to be a real bulb in that it is fully sealed and has now lasted two weeks with no issues. Only time will tell.
post #8198 of 8198 Old 08-09-2014, 08:12 AM

Liked: 0
Hi, I've got a Toshiba 72mx195, and all of a sudden my picture looks like this all the time. I've tried the usual unplugging and whatnot, but no luck. It scrambles on top of the menu screen as well, even though on the picture it doesn't look like it. Any thoughts?

Last edited by rob487lou; 08-09-2014 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Picture size.
Reply Rear Projection Units