Forum Jump: 

post #7411 of 7433 Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbully View Post

Well. After all of my efforts, my set died again (GBLOD) about a month ago. I knew the issue was the remaining SMD caps that we didn't replace because with enough resets it would usually come back but I really didn't feel like going back in there and replacing another 75-100 caps.

I called up Mits to explain my situation. They made me go through the song and dance of having a certified repair shop come out and give an estimate. The shop agreed with me that the best course of action was a complete rebuild.

Mits offered to cover the parts (as heard many times on here) as long as I covered labor (285.00). It was well worth it to me to pay ~300 than spend the time doing the work myself so off it went.

I just got it back yesterday and after making a few adjustments in the service menu and it now looks as good as new. (tilt is off a little but I don't feel like opening up the set to move the LE)

If anyone is in the SE Michigan area looking for a great shop (super fast and professional), send me a PM.

And I must say, "hats off to Mits" for taking care of a product so far out of warranty. I've said my share of negative things about Mits but it was nice to see them take care of this (and with only a few day turn around to boot!)

Bad news: I almost had my wife talked in to the new Panny V10 65" !!! I'm happy to save the money though.

Good luck everyone.

My set is still running. I can't believe the plaintiff attorney's in the class-action never called me. But I'm sure glad they didn't! LOL! A few of you have PM'd me over time and many were missed. I'm very sorry about that. I just stopped checking this forum on a regular basis. Twin 6-week premature daughters that are now 4.5 years-old and healthy (shew) and a working television meant that I spent less and less time here.

I'm really happy to see that many people have used my PPT to fix their sets. There are even repair shops using it! (shesh - it wasn't THAT good!) Of course, the folks profiting from this never sent a donation but I ignore that because of all of the "regular Joe's" like myself that got their site working with that file.

It's funny, I've stumbled across that file on several forums (not AVS) and websites. Read that as: Be careful what you put on the internet. It really does live forever!

Cheers everyone! I hope this lawsuit helps everyone that needs / deserves it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7412 of 7433 Old 04-14-2012, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Alright, we are done! Mitsubishi sent out a new chassis and it arrived within a couple days of Video Tech sending the estimate to them. Video Tech installed the new chassis and it was malfunctioning . They sent another estimate to Mitsu, and told me it would be at least a week. I called Mitsu to ask them to expedite the approval and order; AND THEY HAPPILY OBLIGED! I was shocked! The new chassis arrived in two days and it is now installed. I can't believe how amazing the picture looks; so the old chassis must have impacted overall picture quality too. To celebrate, I bought myself a new receiver (Onkyo NR609) to go with it .

Hopefully this will last me a couple more years. I think with the level of customer service Mitsu provided, I may have to stick with their DLP's for my next one.

Cheers!!!!
post #7413 of 7433 Old 05-19-2012, 08:51 PM

I have the famous 52725. I am having problems with the TV sound. I can't get the TV speakers to work. I have tried everything in the "book" to get them on, but no luck. They used to come on every time I selected "Antenna-1". I have a Denon reciever hooked up to the set via HDMI for video only. Audio comes from Dish 722 via Optical Audio cable.
When I switch to " Antenna-1 " I have no audio from the TV speakers as I said.
What can I do?
Any responses will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Lyle
post #7414 of 7433 Old 05-24-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlyle View Post

I have the famous 52725. I am having problems with the TV sound. I can't get the TV speakers to work. I have tried everything in the "book" to get them on, but no luck. They used to come on every time I selected "Antenna-1". I have a Denon reciever hooked up to the set via HDMI for video only. Audio comes from Dish 722 via Optical Audio cable.
When I switch to " Antenna-1 " I have no audio from the TV speakers as I said.
What can I do?
Any responses will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Lyle

Well after all I have gone through, reading and searching and such, to find the answer to the sound question, I finally just did a "System Reset" and that did the trick.
I really am glad we have this forum to fall back on when there are problems. Especially the old favorite Mits XX725. More than once it has saved me a lot of grief. Thank You all!

Lyle
post #7415 of 7433 Old 05-25-2012, 11:18 AM

Looking for some answers. I have a xx725 with mit rebuilt chassis 2 years ago and now a new problem with a burnt smelling while tv is on, no flashing lights or codes. Found the lamp connections melted to the ballast power cable. Could not just pull the lamp out to check it had open the back and gently work it from the lamp power cable from the ballast and found the burnt smell. The good news the house did not burn down. What would cause this ? Tv was still working with no codes and it will not go back together with these fried connections. Any Ideas ?
Thanks
mit725
post #7416 of 7433 Old 06-13-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit725 View Post

Looking for some answers. I have a xx725 with mit rebuilt chassis 2 years ago and now a new problem with a burnt smelling while tv is on, no flashing lights or codes. Found the lamp connections melted to the ballast power cable. Could not just pull the lamp out to check it had open the back and gently work it from the lamp power cable from the ballast and found the burnt smell. The good news the house did not burn down. What would cause this ? Tv was still working with no codes and it will not go back together with these fried connections. Any Ideas ?

Thanks

mit725

Sometimes I just do a "Google Search" with the question in the search window. If you word it just right, you get many answers to your specific question.

You could ask:

Mitsubishi XX725 lamp melted to ballast power cable with no warning lights or codes.

Good luck:

Lyle
post #7417 of 7433 Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 70
The problem ws solved in another thread. The OP never went to the trouble of updating this thread. (That's the problem with duplicate posts, they waste people's time and cause confusion.)

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #7418 of 7433 Old 06-14-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

The problem ws solved in another thread. The OP never went to the trouble of updating this thread. (That's the problem with duplicate posts, they waste people's time and cause confusion.)

Thanks for the update. Do you have the link to the solution? Never know when I might encounter this. I think there was something like this a couple years ago, but that is way back in the thread.
Thanks again:

Lyle
post #7419 of 7433 Old 06-14-2012, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by parlyle View Post

Thanks for the update. Do you have the link to the solution? Never know when I might encounter this. I think there was something like this a couple years ago, but that is way back in the thread.
Thanks again:
Lyle

He's only made 3 posts, two of them in the other thread. Mouse over his name and click All Posts.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412280/melted-connection-mit-xx725-no-codes#post_22065563

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #7420 of 7433 Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 PM

I have an old 62530 was in the garage for about a year, installed a new bulb but it has a greenish tint to the white colors on screen. I cleaned the mirrors and lens inside, is there anything else that should be cleaned? or is there a bigger problem? posted here because I can't find much on that tv
post #7421 of 7433 Old 08-16-2012, 06:29 AM

Search for color ca;calibration. When I had my 52725, I had the greenish tinge till I did the suggested color adjustments..
post #7422 of 7433 Old 08-28-2012, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 31
A friend just had a similar problem with his 62525. Never noticed the same pattern regarding the plastic cover. But his 'ballast' problems turned out to be two capacitors on the power supply board. I don't think these are replaced when the chassis is rebuilt, so take a good look at all the caps on the ps board to see if any of them are bulging on top. There is lots of heat in the chassis, so it ties better with the cover on failure.

bg
post #7423 of 7433 Old 08-28-2012, 07:29 AM

What was the settlement? My 52725 died with the bglod, 2 weeks before my extended warrantee expired. It was sent back to Mitsu for a chassis rebuild. Lasted 2 weeks with very little use, when it was returned. Sent back again and again lasted 2 weeks. I finally got Mitsu to give me store credit of $645. They originally wanted to give me a price break on an even larger dlp. The Mitsu had been replaced by a Sammy as our primary TV over a year before.
post #7424 of 7433 Old 08-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Well, then I think I made out better than the settlement. I was given $645 store credit where I had purchased the Mitsu. Plus Mitsu had sent me a brand new bulb, which I hadn't asked for. The repair shop bought the bulb off of me plus the also purchased the nearly new bulb that they had installed after the 1st chassis rebuild. With all that I bought a Sony Bravia 42 inch lcd.
post #7425 of 7433 Old 10-16-2012, 04:46 PM

Anyone still own this series? I had gotten the chassis replacement/rebuild back in 2008 to address the BGLOD, and last week my 52525 died again. I suspected that it was going to be the BGLOD, however at first the set would just cycle itself on powering, with a audible hum before starting all over again. After leaving the set to power down to cold metal, unplugged, today I let it sit powered, and now I have the BGLOD after a number of hours powered. Tried the system reset and brief power cycle, but still BGLOD. I know it was inevitable, but I wanted to share.

I know this thing isn't worth all that much, and it will be a pain to do the repair again, even on my own, so I'm leaning toward dumping it or stripping for parts. My brother-in-law has a 62725, where he recently attempted to replace the bulb, but it wouldn't come on again. He's since got a replacement, and offered me the set... but he's 120 miles away. I doubt at this point that Mitsubishi will offer any deals. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If someone in San Diego, or Glendora might want either, let me know.
post #7426 of 7433 Old 11-23-2012, 02:43 PM

Well, after 8 years, nothing but problems, multiple chassis replacements and finally a buyout the wd62825 finally gave up the ghost and went to the recycler today. I have to admit I couldn't be happier. The 64" plasma I purchased 3 years ago has been flawless. So long Mitsubishi you won't be missed and will never get any of my dollars again.
post #7427 of 7433 Old 11-28-2012, 02:25 PM

I still own one and it works fine. It has a little green push, but not too bad. My sister has one I repaired as do my parents as well, however, if their power goes out, it takes forever to get their set to come back on. Multiple resets over several hours before it works, so, I'm going to give them mine as I just bought a new WD73C12 yesterday and it should be here on Monday.
post #7428 of 7433 Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM

post #7429 of 7433 Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Still waiting for mine to die; so I have an excuse to buy a new toy. Going to clean the mirror again this weekend....
post #7430 of 7433 Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM

I did fetch that 62725 from my sister's house after replacing the bulb, and it started to work. It was fine for about three weeks, but took a while to boot from standby. Ulitmately, a week after I adjusted the rotation of the screen, it shut down with the solid red light for non-sync, and now it has the BGLOD. I'm planning to do the replacement of the 12 or so large electrolytic capacitors as a last chance on this beast, it already had the rebuild previously.
post #7431 of 7433 Old 01-28-2013, 12:05 PM

Anyone try to access tbullys powerpoint lately, is it still working. I had a 52525 that had died, I since have gotten a dead 62525 that is running great after some part replacements. The owner had the chassis rebuilt a year before but it had a blown fuse and he wasn't goint to try to fix it again. I still have the chassis out of the 52 and wanted his guide to start replacing all the caps. I can download it but nothing comes up.
post #7432 of 7433 Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsilva View Post

Anyone try to access tbullys powerpoint lately, is it still working. I had a 52525 that had died, I since have gotten a dead 62525 that is running great after some part replacements. The owner had the chassis rebuilt a year before but it had a blown fuse and he wasn't goint to try to fix it again. I still have the chassis out of the 52 and wanted his guide to start replacing all the caps. I can download it but nothing comes up.

Did you ever find this?

I found a copy I had downloaded a while back if you need it.

Edit - just re-read your post. It sounds like you downloaded it but it won't open? The one I have opens just fine using Powerpoint 2010.
post #7433 of 7433 Old 01-31-2013, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post

Did you ever find this?

I found a copy I had downloaded a while back if you need it.

Edit - just re-read your post. It sounds like you downloaded it but it won't open? The one I have opens just fine using Powerpoint 2010.

Here is a link to mine:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8313122/tbully_s_mitsubishi__office_2003_.pps
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page