Hey all. Just an update today with no pictures. I have to vent a little because I made a mistake that I didn't know I made till it was too late. I didn't realize veneer edging could actually throw you mesaurements off enough to make you re-do the entire front panel doors... Since I'm trying to replicate the Avion, the bottom middle front door will be a drop down door. The complication is that the door has to be flush to the bottom of the unit so when you open the door, it'll actually be a flat surface. Well, the veneer actually threw off my measurements by 1/8" in total, which made it impossible to attach the top middle door to the actual drawer (it was hitting the top panel and wouldn't fit). (I couldn't trim either piece since they were already veneered and trimming it meant unbalanced look to the side doors, which are fine as is). So I spent the entire evening remaking both middle doors to accomodate the veneering difference.
Well, at least tonight I'll be pre-drilling all the holes for attaching the hinges and door hardware, veneer the 4 doors, and hopefully have enough time to test stain a test board to see what it could look like in the end.