post #1411 of 1415 Old 08-17-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
Nice, that is big and almost like mine I built. Mine is a few posts above yours with link to my build thread.

In your sketch you have your surge protectors in a recessed area. I did almost the same just to run my wires back and forth hidden out of view.
Thanks man. It is quite large at around 28" H x 87" W x 23" D.

The recessed area for the surge protectors will also have some wire management in there along with the power bricks for the Wii, XBox, etc. I am also going to be installing velcro loops with screws to run and separate the signal and power cables on the back panels. Maybe even grommet some velcro and have hooks screwed in the back panel for easy access and removal. Once finished, I am going to make all of my speaker cables "just the right length". That way I won't have 20 coils of copper in the back to mess with. To finish it all off, I am planning on installing carpet sliders on each support member for ease of movement.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1415 Old 08-17-2014, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Thanks man. It is quite large at around 28" H x 87" W x 23" D.

The recessed area for the surge protectors will also have some wire management in there along with the power bricks for the Wii, XBox, etc. I am also going to be installing velcro loops with screws to run and separate the signal and power cables on the back panels. Maybe even grommet some velcro and have hooks screwed in the back panel for easy access and removal. Once finished, I am going to make all of my speaker cables "just the right length". That way I won't have 20 coils of copper in the back to mess with. To finish it all off, I am planning on installing carpet sliders on each support member for ease of movement.
That's big like mine.

My dimensions are 85 L X 22 D X 26 H.

I did not want my pj screen to be too high so I went with 26 high. I think it's fine for 1:85 movies but 2:40 you are looking up some but not bad.

If you have not checked out my build thread please do.

Also start a build thread for yours so others can see and get ideas. If it was not for builds like this I would have never started my own.

Here is mine.

TV / Projector screen console build.
post #1413 of 1415 Old 08-17-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
That's big like mine.

My dimensions are 85 L X 22 D X 26 H.

I did not want my pj screen to be too high so I went with 26 high. I think it's fine for 1:85 movies but 2:40 you are looking up some but not bad.

If you have not checked out my build thread please do.

Also start a build thread for yours so others can see and get ideas. If it was not for builds like this I would have never started my own.

Here is mine.

TV / Projector screen console build.
I've read and studied your posts. They are the reason one planned mine the way I have.
post #1414 of 1415 Old 08-23-2014, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Wood and tools purchased. Plans finalized.

TeflonSoul likes this.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
post #1415 of 1415 Old 08-23-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Wood and tools purchased. Plans finalized.

Looks like a plan.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page