Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4591 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Artwood,

You could come over and watch mine. Grill some elitist steaks, drink some elitist wine and just enjoy the show. Isn't that why we all buy nice displays.......Now after all that, if ya talked smack about my setup I'd have to thump some sense into you. lol

Anyone else notice that Mini-Dive has really big nuts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MotorMouth777

Now THAT'S why I hang out on this thread!

post #4593 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Yeah -and he's always hard (Mini Dive that is)
What's up with that?
post #4594 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MotorMouth777

MM,
Mini Dive has something bigger than really big nuts, as a matter of fact, it's HUGE Take a look . . .
LL

Dive deep, play with sharks.

So long and thanks for all the fish . . .
post #4595 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally posted by divedude
MM,
Mini Dive has something bigger than really big nuts, as a matter of fact, it's HUGE Take a look . . .

Interesting. Was that just a commercial or some race on OLN ????
post #4596 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Penton-Man
Interesting. Was that just a commercial or some race on OLN ????

PM,
It was a race on HDNet a few minutes ago.

post #4597 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Artwood
Is sex a let down after experiencing Qualia ownership? Have you ever been unfaithful and looked at other displays? Is this the only thread that has plants that love to look at themselves in the mirror? If UMR can significantly IMPROVE on perfection will he be labeled a heretic ? One thing I do like about Qualia owners is that they look down on Plasma afficiandos like they're yesterday's news. For all the people who have put me on their ignore list just remember what Merlin said in Excalibur--"I'm a dream to some--a nightmare to others!"

Is sex a let down after experiencing Qualia ownership?
Nope, because we show our home movies on it that the wife and Eyes make which gets Mr. Happy ready for the next round of naughtiness.

Have you ever been unfaithful and looked at other displays?
Yup, looked at everything that twasn't a front projector at one of the shows, missed Vegas, still owe Rogo a dinner.was thinking about asking you to join us(as I mentioned on the Sony jumps thread) but apparently your preferred food of choice now is SOUR GRAPES.

Is this the only thread that has plants that love to look at themselves in the mirror?
N/A(Not Applicable). All Sony personnel are scrambling to do their jobs to perfection for fear of being fired by Sir Howard, no time to spend on this forum, hell, the guys in the SonyStyle stores don't even have time to set up the 006's properly for the viewing public in general. Not to mention the fact that most industry insiders (from every company) think of this forum as a vehicle for some to engage in mental masturbation rather than enjoying whatever they own.

If UMR can significantly IMPROVE on perfection will he be labeled a heretic ?
Not at all. He has already improved it for Ted and umr has for the most part been applauded for it. (Artwood, you've got to keep up with this thread - I suspect you don't even read responses to your questions as noted below.)
If he can significantly improve it, we may all hire him for a national tour as we all be elitists with fat wallets.

For all the people who have put me on their ignore list just remember what Merlin said in Excalibur--"I'm a dream to some--a nightmare to others!"
I don't understand that statement at all.. as you received multiple quick genuine answers to your initial query which were truthful. You must be joking or else I suspect that you are now making posts on this thread simply to evoke a rise out of some people when you never really go back to see if anyone responded to your question in the first place.

Now I askHow come you got so mean since the Sony jumps thread?
Never mind, I probably won't read your response anyway because now I don't consider you to be a dream or a nightmare just an insignificant gnat to ignore.as evidenced by your last several posts which show a pattern to simply provoke us Qualians.

Aint gonna work, were having too much blissful fun watching the Big Chill on our 006's.
Good-bye.
post #4598 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brt3
which will reach me via email (which I check more often than PM)...

Geez, is it that obvious?

-I hardly ever check my e-mail,
-I find it difficult to check my PM box here unless somebody gives me a heads-up,
-often the recorder on the phone fills to capacity and people try to leave messages when there aint no more space left on it
..and I got all these checks(four figure or more) made out to me (being the elitist that I am) scattered around the house that I haven't taken the time to deposit in the bank .for which my wife breaks my balls everytime she comes across one.

So waz up?
I be watching my 006 toooooo much.
post #4599 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Well guys,
I'm startin to get itchy to accessorize the 006 again. so I be lookin now at that Sony HDD500 that some of you were talkin about a few pages back.

After a quick perusal of the manual, it looks like it has only one tuner and no firewire - but for my particular application and set of circumstances (the Adelphia Moxi gives me a whopping 10-12 hours of hi-def recording).it may just fit in rather nicely as a second box to complement my cable company DVR.

SonyStyle web page says due out toward the end of May .....and I mean are there really any other choices for us out there? I don't even know if that Mits DVR has made it to the market and wasn't the MSRP on that thing going to be $2K for a tiny hard drive capacity too boot?
post #4600 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well guys,
I'm startin to get itchy to accessorize the 006 again. so I be lookin now at that Sony HDD500 that some of you were talkin about a few pages back.

Guys,
Speaking of accessories, I went out today and brought the HDTivo unit. I don't have a cable option out in the country. Anyway, I can record HD both off-air and SAT, and I got a good deal on it

While talking to Direct to have it setup, I asked what was going to happen when the new mp4 SAT's are activated. The guy said he understood a software update would be downloaded. I hope that is true. But just in case, I got a replacement guarantee.

post #4601 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Guys,
Speaking of accessories,

It sure is nice to see you and miniDive posting here regularly again.

I think it be good for both the spirit AND the heart.
post #4602 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

For ya'll here in Texas,

The Ultimate Electronics stores in Texas are closing down and they said the liquidators will be in next week. Might be a good chance to get some deals. They have lots of cables.

post #4603 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Brt-
Just checked out your Qualia 006 homepage again.

Elmo looks great !
How about an attached biois that possible?

Also I notice there is one free space in Special Interest for a little diver dude we all know.
post #4604 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Penton-Man: Thanks! You remind me so much of myself!
post #4605 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Guys,
Speaking of accessories, I went out today and brought the HDTivo unit. I don't have a cable option out in the country. Anyway, I can record HD both off-air and SAT, and I got a good deal on it

While talking to Direct to have it setup, I asked what was going to happen when the new mp4 SAT's are activated. The guy said he understood a software update would be downloaded. I hope that is true. But just in case, I got a replacement guarantee.

DD: First rule of DirecTV- DON'T BELIEVE THE CSR'S. While I'm so glad to read that you have the elitist HDTivo to go with the most elitist of TV's I am sorry to report to you that the CSR has no Idea what He\\She is talking about! At some point you'll get a nice offer from the fine folks at DirecTV to remove your elitist HDTivo and have it replaced with a even more elitist Home Media Center or Directv DVR unit.....Until then enjoy that Tivo!!!

HDTivo owner and Q006 wannabee

can you tell that PM has got me into using an "elitist" word!
post #4606 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Well folks I wanted to see how umr's technical findings so graciously posted for us (thanks umr) translated into real world Qualia viewing.

You could call it Qualia RealWorld Experience Meets Qualia Technical Experience

By Penton-Man xx, xxx (let's just say a couple of Dee-grees, each ending in D and they
aint in liberal arts as yous guys can figure out from my English)

To determine the optimal viewing experience via whatever
input for a Mot6200 set top box with a Qualia 006 TeeVee

Materials and Methods

Well I hooked up yee old Moto6200 via i.LINK (I think Sony owns that word) to an i.LINK input on the backs of the 006. Then I hooked up my Moto6200 (Hi-Def receiver without recording capabilities) into input 6 on yee old 006. Subsequently, I slid back the 006 and induced a hernia in the right lower quadrant of my belly.

I proceeded to summon my better half (zee Queen) through the Royal Summoner (of course) to get her arse into Penton's Home Thee-AAA-ter Room. A Royal Fetcher was sent to fetch the Royal Dog who was feasting on a 1 week old piece of Filet Mignon (true) to proceed in the double blind portion of this study.(and some think only the humans in the Qualia families are elitists).

The set top box was set to the HD Discovery channel showing one of dem nature shows with all the animals (in 1080i - but of course). The Royal Dog, the Queen (in the double-blind portion of this experimentGod I hope that doesn't sound perverted) and ME in a single blind fashion as Eyes knows what was going on .proceeded to look at the show toggling on the remote between the i.LINK input and the input 6 (hooked up via a DVI/HDMI cable to the 006). We each were prompted to express our feelings in a subjective fashion as to what looked *better*. (This was documented via a recording device and will be transcribed in written form for all those that require detailed Reprints of this Study).

Results

Each of the 3 study participants mentioned that the i.LINK input showed a tad (but easily discernible) crispier image (that be more detailed and pleasing to the eye) than the DVI/HDMI input. This was rather easily apparent after a few minutes of toggling the remote.

Discussion

It has been reported in a prior paper submitted by umr entitled A Qualia Experience that the i.LINK input on the Qualia 006 was technically a superior input than the HDMI inputs. Well in real life viewing with the Moto 6200 putting out a 1080i show on HD Discovery, this proved to correlate well with umr's technical findings to put a broader smile on the face of zee King, zee Queen, and zee Royal Pouch. The downside of using the i.LINK was that menu information was not available but what the hell, we all knew what channel was on and what program we wanted to view next by checking such stuff thru the HDMI/DVI input on Input 6.

It is recommended that if your component has an i.LINK that you use that as a source to your Qualia 006 if feasible depending on your viewing considerations and hook-up all future Blu-rays in that fashion as well.

Bibliography-
1.A Qualia Experience by umr (recently overrun by trolls)
2. User Guide for the Motorola 6200
3. Owner's Manual - Qualia 006

i. From the Department of Penton's Home Thee-AAA-ter supported in part by a grant from the Elitist Videophile Society of North American and Their Canine Colleagues
ii.This paper is submitted in Loving Memory to my Mum.

Address reprint requests to:
Foxy, The Royal Pouch

P.S. sparky,
Did I miss anything or is thats about right?
post #4607 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Was it one "bark" for yes, and two "barks" for no, or the other way around? Just wanted to make sure we were all speaking the same language as "The Royal Pouch"
post #4608 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ToddD

HDTivo owner and Q006 wannabee

can you tell that PM has got me into using an "elitist" word!

Glad to add to your vocabulary.

And in regards to wannabee status...I hope you know that DocDVD is just down the highways from you on Piedmont in HotLanta and what the hell....in 6 months or so.. he may be giving dem things away at dealer cost.
post #4609 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Brt-Just checked out your Qualia 006 homepage again. Elmo looks great! How about an attached biois that possible? Also I notice there is one free space in Special Interest for a little diver dude we all know.

Thanks PM...

Elmo The WonderDog® Bio:
Breed: Rhodesian Ridgeback
Sex: Yes, please! (actually, he used to be a guy)
Turn-ons: squirrels, bunnies, kibble, and world peace...
Turn-offs: bath time, skunks, and global thermo-nuclear war...
Fun Factoid: as a single-puppy litter, Elmo received the majority of Mom's food supply and grew to gargantuan proportions for a purebred Ridgeback. The breed standard is 25"-27" at the shoulder; he (finally) stopped at 32" and 130 pounds, and -- according to a local breeder who's been involved with RRs for 42 years -- may be the World's Largest Ridgeback...

As for Mini-Dive®: if we can get divedude to repost some photos -- and sign a modeling release -- he's a shoe-in for the Qualia Homepage Official Mascot. I think he deserves his rightful place in the Qualia Hall Of Fame...
LL

post #4610 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by schaffer970
Was it one "bark" for yes, and two "barks" for no, or the other way around? Just wanted to make sure we were all speaking the same language as "The Royal Pouch"

You know you're absolutely correct. I should have elaborated more in the Results.
One bark for the Input 6, two barks for the i.LINK.
post #4611 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks PM...
Elmo The WonderDog® Bio:

Elmooooooooooo !!!!!
brt - are you still in transit or home yet?
post #4612 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Glad to add to your vocabulary.

And in regards to wannabee status...I hope you know that DocDVD is just down the highways from you on Piedmont in HotLanta and what the hell....in 6 months or so.. he may be giving dem things away at dealer cost.

In Fact I do know he's down there! And just as soon as the required stack of Penton Paper is acquired...he'll be on the list to call.....IF I could ever win that multi-state big game thing we have here....I'd ask him to bring a 004 to go with that 006! See I am a elitist!
post #4613 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
brt - are you still in transit or home yet?

Still on the right coast and missing the left coast. Although I THINK I'll still get a chance to check out the Qualia store here in NYC. Scheduled to depart JFK late Monday afternoon. Good thing too, as it may be too hot on Tuesday (80 degrees!) for a spoiled, elitist Bay-Arean...

Is it me, or is this thread going to the dogs?

post #4614 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Is it me, or is this thread going to the dogs?

Addendum to Qualia RealWorld Experience Meets Qualia Technical Experience

Some astute examiner may have noticed that the source material was one of dem nature shows ..and one of our study participants was the Royal Pouch.and.this may have induced an unforeseen bias into the results of the study.

Not to worry, the show was mostly about birds, which the Royal Pouch finds generally uninteresting on TeeVee or at the Royal Park.

Brt - Have a safe trip back and PLLLLLLEASE wash dem feet before you goes to the airport and takes off dem shoes. So sayeth Elmo.
post #4615 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Will do, PM...

Could anyone else try to download the Qualia 006 review from the WSR website? I'm a subscriber and it acts as if it's downloading, but the file won't open. ARGGHHH! As soon as I get a copy I'll post in on the website, but no luck so far...

post #4616 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

OK -- finally got it to work!

Widescreen Review Test of Qualia 006 posted online here!

post #4617 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 09:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Will do, PM...

Could anyone else try to download the Qualia 006 review from the WSR website? I'm a subscriber and it acts as if it's downloading, but the file won't open. ARGGHHH! As soon as I get a copy I'll post in on the website, but no luck so far...

Same problem here with downloading widescreen review. I downloaded the flashpaper update and it still doesn't seem to download the article.

Didn't you get your hardcopy yet?? Seems like mine arrived either Monday or Tuesday.

Frankly, I didn't sense that the review was as in depth as expected. UMR's experience was more detailed.

One thing that stood out in Widescreen Review was that the TV arrived with two Sony representatives. Guess they wanted to be sure that there would be someone there to keep an eye on what was going on and help prevent anything negative to show up in the review. Seems a little strong, but I guess when you're selling $13,000 TVs, you learn to be more careful.

Wonder if Samsung and JVC will start doing the same when their 1080I sets come out??

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, VideoForge HDMI II, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #4618 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JimP
Same problem here with downloading widescreen review. I downloaded the flashpaper update and it still doesn't seem to download the article. Didn't you get your hardcopy yet?? Seems like mine arrived either Monday or Tuesday.

Finally got it Jim -- WSR - Download

I'm on the road so I haven't rec'd my copy yet, nor have I read the article except for a quick scan. Will have to remedy that NOW...

post #4619 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 10:20 PM

I'd like to follow up the WSR with some thoughts. Sony has hit a major Home Run with this set, and I concur with all of the findings in the review. especially with regard to many of the Pro Settings. I looked at multiburst, SMPTE Bars, Ramp, Checkerboard, Alignment Grid, and Dots, as well as purity. I had the advantage of looking at the fed signals through a Component Scope, and we have an HDMI conversion output to feed our scope. It was built by our Video Engineer, using a Geffin Switcher as a building block. Gamma is a waste, many of the detail settings are as well. Black Pro should not reduce so much brightness. I actually liked the Clear White counter point to the Warm Picture. If you are not careful you can really screw up this picture. Remember less is more. While I did not use a Spectrum Meter, 28+ years in Network Broadcasting is my barometer, and my eye as an engineer is enough to tell me when, pedestal is crushed (blacks), and gamma is off. detail is predicated upon your source. I have a 975 Sony DVD with an HDMI output. I used The Incredibles as a test disc and custom DVD disc that I made at CBS right out of a SMPTE test generator, and I also have a copy on Digital Beta Tape. Here's the hard cold truth. Very few people in the forum will ever see an uncompressed Digital HD picture. I have, and unless I'm doing my own shooting on our Sony HD Camera, nothing will ever equal that. HOWEVER, enjoy what you have as being near current perfection. After spending $13K understand that your source is your prime savior or enemy. And to all, may your lamps burn brightly for 10 Thousand hours!

Editor

5 Emmy Awards - SO WHAT!
post #4620 of 17312 Old 04-16-2005, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
editor58, thanks for your impressions. Sure would be nice to see some uncompressed HD. Well, maybe someday

Let me be the first to ask, for the purpose of linking to post #1, what are the settings on your Q006?

Thanks, jb007
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Sony

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page