post #5431 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Originally posted by BenDover
no, i refuse to ... what would happen if i see them and then forever get distracted by them

they only distract at first because its a new discovery. you will not be bothered by it after a short while, especially knowing that most other sets exhibit the same thing.

If you're talkin, you ain't learnin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5432 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 01:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally posted by hifi59
none of that is going to help joel. been there,done that. it's the tv (along with many other models/brands). it's one of those things that once u notice them, it's hard to not notice. i've grown used to it and i'm not bothered at all.

You all are very forgiving considering the kind of money you paid for these sets.

I haven't seen these kinds of lines on many sets. Are you sure there's no way for Q owners to eliminate that kind of pesky annoyance? What do you think those lines are?

Have you tried using Digital Video Essential yet for some careful calibration? If that doesn't work, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up that an ISF Calibration becomes mandatory for high end equipment such as this.

Many of Sony's TV's, including their tubes, are almost guaranteed in need of ISF calibrations to get them to look exactly right. This may be what it takes for this as well.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #5433 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't see them on HD off the cable box, though. Which is interesting. And I've put my mug right up close to look. What's up with that? There has to be a reason. I'd like others to go take a look.

Cheers

P.S.: BenD, they are still there at 1080i out of the 975. That was the first thing I tried (and I posted that awhile back). Haven't tried 720p or 480p yet. But 480i is unprocessed.
post #5434 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 211
If all the Qualians get behind it do you think there can be a Firewire revolution?

Firewire is one good thing I can say about the Qualia--I wish all displays would feature it!
post #5435 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 02:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Originally posted by Artwood
If all the Qualians get behind it do you think there can be a Firewire revolution?

Firewire is one good thing I can say about the Qualia--I wish all displays would feature it!

I had no idea Firewire could do all this and potentially outperform HDMI, according to some of the feedback we've seen in this thread.

So, what's the deal folks: HDMI vs. Firewire.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #5436 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Q of BanditZ
You all are very forgiving considering the kind of money you paid for these sets.

I haven't seen these kinds of lines on many sets. Are you sure there's no way for Q owners to eliminate that kind of pesky annoyance? What do you think those lines are?

Have you tried using Digital Video Essential yet for some careful calibration? If that doesn't work, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up that an ISF Calibration becomes mandatory for high end equipment such as this.

Many of Sony's TV's, including their tubes, are almost guaranteed in need of ISF calibrations to get them to look exactly right. This may be what it takes for this as well.

The problem isn't the TV, it's the source material. I've seen those lines on EVERY TV I've ever watched letterbox DVDs on. Heck, given the Q's resolution I wouldn't be surprised if it amplified the problem.

Home Theater is BAD for the waistline.
post #5437 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 02:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Originally posted by kanebear
The problem isn't the TV, it's the source material. I've seen those lines on EVERY TV I've ever watched letterbox DVDs on. Heck, given the Q's resolution I wouldn't be surprised if it amplified the problem.

Very likely. A sensitive piece of high-end equipment like this will be merciless on trashy source material. NOT a "fault" of any TV.

Are these lines something only on the newer technologies, or would I see them on HD tubes as well?

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #5438 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Q of BanditZ

my 60" xbr lcd was calibrated twice and it had the lines. these are seen on dvd widescreen movies with bars. the lines remind me of the thin wire sony uses in its computer monitor screens that go horizontal in the tube. they can be seen but you have to look for them. look at bright scenes to notice them.

If you're talkin, you ain't learnin.
post #5439 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 02:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Originally posted by hifi59
my 60" xbr lcd was calibrated twice and it had the lines. these are seen on dvd widescreen movies with bars. the lines remind me of the thin wire sony uses in its computer monitor screens that go horizontal in the tube. they can be seen but you have to look for them. look at bright scenes to notice them.

I most certainly will.

Heh, this is going to be a case where I'm going to be "glad" that I have a small display across a 10 foot viewing distance.

No mercy and forgiveness on large screens with sensitive, high tech gear involved.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #5440 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I feel much better now, thanks Kanebear. I will feel even better when others report seeing them on their Qualias .....

Cheers

P.S.: Come to think of it, I seem to recall seeing them on my DILA FP setup a couple years ago as well but I can't be certain given the passage of time. I no longer am in possession of that rig.
post #5441 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:04 PM

Qualia 006 arrived in apparently good shape until I fired it up. The mirror looked like something smashed it. Spiderweb cracks all over the screen.

What really ticks me off is that my credit card was charged when the unit shipped ... two weeks or so ago. Now if I want a replacement, I have to order a new one all over again. While I wait for two weeks or longer for a refund on the set which I don't have.
post #5442 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

OUCH. Sorry for you ... good thing you looked it over!!!! Did you order it from Sony Qualia? They will take care of you, at least it's a 2-week delivery time now (it used to be 4+ weeks) ....

Cheers
post #5443 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Yellow has my set but they haven't contacted me yet.

gellis' story concerns me as Yellow will likely not uncrate it and carry it inside, leaving it to me to do and therefore, they'll probably be gone before I get to fire it up.
post #5444 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Originally posted by gellis
Qualia 006 arrived in apparently good shape until I fired it up. The mirror looked like something smashed it. Spiderweb cracks all over the screen.

What really ticks me off is that my credit card was charged when the unit shipped ... two weeks or so ago. Now if I want a replacement, I have to order a new one all over again. While I wait for two weeks or longer for a refund on the set which I don't have.

I felt outright physical pain when I read this. Real sorry man.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #5445 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

BenDover, you have a pm
post #5446 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Joel
OUCH. Sorry for you ... good thing you looked it over!!!! Did you order it from Sony Qualia? They will take care of you, at least it's a 2-week delivery time now (it used to be 4+ weeks) ....

Cheers

Thanks for the sentiments. I did order it from Sony Qualia. I didn't get much compassion from them. Want a replacement? Order a new one. Refund? Well, that will depend on how long it takes to get the set returned and inspected. Sorry, I'm not in a great mood at the moment!

I am very happy to learn that the lead time is only two weeks now. That's some consolation.
post #5447 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Joel

Cheers

Thanks for the sentiments. I did order it from Sony Qualia. I didn't get much compassion from them. Want a replacement? Order a new one. Refund? Well, that will depend on how long it takes to get the set returned and inspected. Sorry, I'm not in a great mood at the moment!

I am very happy to learn that the lead time is only two weeks now. That's some consolation.
post #5448 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Gellis,

I'm sure you know this but, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"

You should squeak like hell and they should give you the next set, bumping everyone else's order down a notch...except mine
post #5449 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

editor posted his comparative analysis on the Mosquito thread.
post #5450 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

Originally posted by gellis

It is too bad that you have to carry a charge on your credit card for a defective item. You could complain to your CC company, but they would probably take as long as it will to process your refund as it will for you to return your set.

There really should be an out when this happens.

"Nature Abhors a Vacuum Tube" -  J. R. Pierce
post #5451 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BenDover
editor posted his comparative analysis on the Mosquito thread.

YES I Did!

Comparative Analysis of Faroudja vs. Algolith - Silicon Optix
by Rob Feiner - Copyright 2005

Equipment at the Silicon Optix Booth …For the Record:
Denon 5910 DVD player
QuVis-Qubit HD HDU for 1080i sources
2 Realta reference systems
JVS HD2k 1080p projector (Faroudja Video Processing)
Marantz S4 720p projector (GENNUM GF9350 VXP Video Processing)

Plasmas: (2) Runco CW61"

Rear Projection: (2) Sony 70" Grand Wega LCD

Processors: Silicon Optix reference design board (essentially an open Dragonfly) and Faroudja 1010 (or whatever it is that ships with the HD2K) and internal processing of the projectors/displays

Comparative Sources: either DVD coming from Denon 5910 or HD from QuBit (or Tivo)

Setup: going out analog from the source devices into a distribution amp that split the signal either direct to the display or to the Realta and then to the displays.

Realta Chip Information:
http://www.audioholics.com/cedia/ced...xRealtaHQV.php

http://www.siliconoptix.com

The above information sets the Baseline as our “field lab” for available components.

Preliminary Comparison between the Units:

There seems to be a huge amount of confusion regarding what the Algolith products are, and do. The following is provided for your understanding prior to going into my observational review.

Dragonfly is primarily a deinterlacer, scaler and cadence corrector with some noise reduction, it has Standard Definition (SD) Mosquito noise reduction, it is a reduced version of what is offered in the Mosquito product. The Mosquito is a compression artifact Noise reducer, it does not do any scaling, deinterlacing or cadence correction. In the Mosquito, the MPEG noise reduction is called "MPEG Noise Reduction" or "MNR", in the Dragonfly it's called; CNR or Codec Noise Reduction, CNR does Mosquito noise reduction on SD not on HD. Dragonfly has Temporal recursive noise reduction in SD and HD, however it does not have any macro blocking reduction (BAR) in either resolutions. Whenever you turn on CNR on the Dragonfly, you loose some of the great Teranex software algorithms for deinterlacing, hence this causes jaggies to become more apparent on the image, so to get the best picture you want to turn off CNR on the Dragonfly and combine it with the Mosquito. This combo, gives you the best picture, since you get maximum compressed noise reduction in SD and HD and Block artifact reduction and edge detected and amplified sharpness from the Mosquito, giving you the added depth of field in SD and HD, so many of our clients rave about, and the Dragonfly gives you all the power of the Teranex software algorithms for deinterlacing, scaling and cadence correction.

Block Chart Provided by Algolith is Available on the PDF Version of this Review (Located at the bottom of this post)

Editor’s Note
I’m NOT going to get into a technical debate over signal to noise ratio, stat numbers, and stated specs on any unit. All numbers can be manipulated to achieve a goal.
This review is based upon my eye, my perceptions, and my 25+ years in Network Broadcasting. I have an FCC First Class License, extensive electronic background (I’m NOT an EE), and Broadcast Operations. I have 5 Emmy awards which only means I know a good picture, I can tell a story, and was just LUCKY in winning over several of my peers who are equally talented. My review is my opinion, and objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.

After meeting and speaking with Mike Poirier, Vice President Sales & Marketing of Algolith for over two hours at the HE2005 show, several dynamics became apparent. Mike is extraordinarily charismatic, and knowledgeable when it comes to algorithmic corrections of less than perfect video. He also took a beating from me regarding his booth set-up demo of the Dragonfly. There are two other members of the Press that had the same reaction regarding the quality of the Dragonfly demo set-up.

Algolith as Mike enlightened me is first and foremost a Mathematics Corporation. If you understand what it takes to correct video, it’s all about math and algorithms. Algolith had a HighBit version the Fifth Element playing on a cheap DVD player going through the Dragonfly, and out to an LCD FPM (all component). The naked picture was horrible, and the corrected version (Post Dragonfly) still had noise in it. Even on my old DVD player, and an even older Pioneer Elite RP, I have never seen the Fifth Element look so bad, and my version isn’t HighBit. That old TV is gone and the Qualia 006 is its replacement. So, after beating Mike up about the show set-up, he informed me that there was a secret demo comparison being conducted in the Silicon Optix Booth for Press. He also agreed with me 195% about his own set-up at his booth. 195% must be one of those new algorithms Algolith has been working on.

Also at the Algolith booth was the Mosquito. Set-up separately but in the same way as the Dragonfly. This demo actually impressed me. On various video formats from WMV, MPEG 1 and 2, SD and HD output in 720p, the Mosquito delivered on every level. The source material was generated from a multimedia PC. Noise reduction was outstanding. pixel tearing, and motion block artifacts gone. I’ll talk about this more later on.

As the show began to close at 5:00pm, on the second floor of the NY Hilton, various, nefarious, members of the press began to gather. Like junkies looking for a fix at 3am way uptown, we sauntered into the Silicon Optix booth, given a shot of off vintage Chianti while being greeted warmly. You see, we have the pen, we can make them money. People hang on our every word… are you hanging? Various engineers were scampering about the room trying to figure out why there was no audio. It turns out that the voltage going into some of the audio amps was 193 out of the wall. Hmmm… I do believe that is an extra charge, but, I can check with the teamsters. With a little hobnobbing and hand pressing, the usual exchange of colorful business cards, (mine is) and a promise of wonderment, we all took our seats. There was to be no audio at this demo thanks to the Hilton, but did we care? Hardly. Source material 1080i from the Discovery Channel. Yes, you guessed it! Bugs and flowers, my favorite! The JVC Front projector contained a version of Faroudja’s 1010 processor for internal processing. Whether or not it matches the external device circuit for circuit is unknown. It would be unlikely that Faroudja would build 2 different chips. This was the part of an A/B/C test. A) naked, B) Faroudja, and C) Silicon Optix reference design board (essentially an open Dragonfly). The theater crowd was unanimous. the Silicon Optix won hands down. The Faroudja couldn’t resolve the fine details. As a point of reference, there really was none. Since the demo team at Silicon Optix didn’t have in their possession the Faroudja remote control, no tweaking could really be performed on the Faroudja. We collectively agreed the black level of the Faroudja was off. We were told that the Faroudja was “as shipped” and factory calibrated.

De-interlacing is the hardest part of signal processing which is why film looks so great. it shuttered but never interlaced. Once you accomplish the de-interlacing, the scaling is the easy part, and the Dragonfly does this far better than the Faroudja. Since the Silicon Optix Rialta chip is capable of over 3 Trillion instructions per second it cleans video and applies CNR (codec noise reduction) at the pixel level. What does this mean? If a pixel doesn’t need processing, it doesn’t get it. The algorithm detects motion, and leaves that alone too because otherwise you’ll get smearing. The processing I am told, is achievable up to 2K pixels width, so those of us with Qualia 006’s and an enhanced 1920x1080 resolution will achieve stunning results. The 10-bit diagonal interpolator removes any “jaggies” and stair-stepping artifacts from de-interlaced video sources without blurring the image. This was apparent during some FOX NASCAR video that we were shown. The video was from a flat sky on an overcast race day, and while the noise levels were low and didn’t need a lot of the Realta’s power the video was smooth and easy on the eyes. To my eyes it was clear that the de-interlacing and output to 1080p was an outstanding result.
The Faroudja processing left me flat. The lack of detail in the Faroudja chipset made everyone in the room take tangible notice. It was unbelievable at how we collectively agreed that the Silicon Optix Chip so dramatically overshadowed the Faroudja. Several other tests further confirmed that the Faroudja was no match for the Realta. Here on a table lay a circuit board, basically the guts of a Dragonfly, and it ripped apart the Faroudja.

The Mosquito was quite another story in and of itself. Analog SD broadcasting is the bane of all digital TV’s. Mosquito noise, MPEG garbage of every proportion, broadcast noise that you get when you pay $100 monthly cable bills, and the list goes on. With a TIVO driving two identical Runco Plasmas, one feeding into the Dragonfly using a Mosquito Noise Reduction Algorithm, the other unprocessed, it was immediately apparent that unprocessed video was unwatchable; yet, I was watching it every day; countless hours wasted on bad TV. Once you are configured with HDMI inputs over 12 Bit processing becomes available. Proprietary 3D-MNR MPEG Noise Reduction - Proprietary 3D-DNR Gaussian Noise Reduction - Proprietary 2D auto detection Block Artifact Reducer (BAR) - Proprietary Detail Enhancer are the order of the day. What the Mosquito serves up is a delicious way to return your video content even if it’s HD to a pristine picture free of artifacts. I think that we have all seen high motion HD content is not free from Block Pixelization, and this is due to bandwidth constraints. As more HD content becomes available the delivery pipe is just going to get that much smaller. If this is an indication of things to come, the Mosquito will become a necessity right now it’s a luxury that should be part of every serious videophile’s system.

The double bang of the Dragonfly and Mosquito from Algolith is not an inexpensive journey into video bliss. The fact that the development costs exceed $8 million, and new algorithms are constantly being developed to devices that are openly upgradeable through internet downloads, takes some of the sting out of the price tag, maybe. With any new technology comes a price, and bleeding edge technology only means that with your dollars comes a pint too.

2005 Home Entertainment Show
NY Hilton. Date Attended: Friday April 29th, 2005
http://www.he2004.com/index.html

PDF File is Located on the Video Processor Area with this same post.

5 Emmy Awards - SO WHAT!
post #5452 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 04:12 PM
jp2

gellis,
You have a PM about the poor Sony Qualia service that I will try and help.
brgds,
jp
post #5453 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Originally posted by editor58

Comparative Analysis of Faroudja vs. Algolith - Silicon Optix
by Rob Feiner - Copyright 2005

Sheesh Rob, you coulda listed Max at least as a secondary author.
post #5454 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

O.K. guys - here it is - what you've all been waiting for....

Had my 006 calibrated today by Eliab Alvarez de la Campa (www.avical.com). He does national tours and is very well known.

Let me cut to the chase, give a quick summary, and then give details:

I doubted a calibration would have much of an impact on picture quality. Boy was I wrong. Those who follow this thread know I am very enthusiastic about this set's picture quality, particularly the level of detail. After the calibration the picture is clearly and unequivocally better in every way. I am even more enthusiastic now! This is one great set.

Now for some details. First, unfortunately, I did not have a long time to spend with Eliab today due to business committments. However, we were able to get in a 2.5 hour session in which he calibrated input 4 into which I have my Kenwood Soverign DVD player connected. I set the DVD player to interlaced mode, and turned off all picture enhancements. The connection is component cable. He also calibrated my Comcast 6412 DVR box that is hooked up to input 6 via DVI to HDMI.

He used a Photo Research PR-650 SpectraColorimeter which is the reference lab tool by which all other analyzers including the Milori are judged up against. This piece put him back nearly 21k after all the accessories he got. He had this equipment checked by Joe Kane to ensure perfect calibration.

We really were not able to look at high frequency response in the way UMR did due to lack of time. We spent all the time tweaking the grey scale, getting the settings optimized etc.

The first thing he did was take a seat in my "throne" and watch DVD and HD material. He was not that impressed with the picture. I had the set in PRO, Warm, and all the advanced settings shut off. I had cinema black pro turned on, but he turned it off and said he would determine the best setting for it once he calibrated the set. The only setting left "on" so to speak was color space was set to "wide". He left all the other settings like contrast, hue, etc. at the default setting (where the little circles are on the horizontal menu bars).

He first hooked his PR-650 up the Comcast HD box, and made adjustments in the user menu.

He thought the color test patterns before adjusting anything were accurate, as we all know to be the case.

He checked contrast, and concluded that for both inputs it was fine to set the contrast all the way to maximum - 63, since there was no clipping of whites seen. The difference between 58 and 63 is not that much, so this is actually not that surprising.

He left hue (tint) at the default.

He was disappointed with "ringing" (due to the sharpness control) on both DVDs and HD material, and concluded that the sharpness control needs to be set at zero. I could see the test pattern improvements when he did this.

He had read a couple of the published reviews, and was surprised that one of them had mentioned difficulty holding black level. He did not find that to be the case with my set.

He did some work in the service menu. This was his first 006, but he was able to very easily navigate through the service menu, and found 3 or 4 service levels that he could access using the JUMP key on the remote. Basic navigation in the service menu was the standard for all Sony sets.

He found that overscan via input 4 and using DVE Professional test patterns was slightly off, but was even more off using input 6 and test patterns from his PR-650. This was very surprising to me, but it was clearly off. After some testing he concluded that the 006, like all other Sony's he's calibrated (many hundred sets) has one set of overscan settings for all scan rates. Since I watch HD more than DVDs, I told him to optimize the overscan for HD viewing, and he did that, resulting in excellent test pattern results.

The grey scale for HD was really improved using his PR-650.

IRE Before After

100 6308 6469
90 6384 6466
80 6364 6454
70 6439 6483
60 6450 6530
50 6422 6531
40 6466 6546
30 6397 6450
20 6258 6446

Peak light output was 34.0 fL pre-calibration and 50.3 post-calibration. For DVD, the post calibration peak light output was substantially different - at 35.3 fL

Post calibration settings:

Brightness 28
Contrast 63
Color was calibrated to 33 but when we viewed material post-calibration we both agreed that punching up the color to 40 on the material we looked at provided a more pleasing picture - but this is one setting that may need to be adjusted from input to input.
Tint 31
Sharpness 0
Color space wide: Yes, set to on.
Cinema black Pro - suprisingly he left it off
He thought the black levels post calibration were excellent. Did not have time to do an actual measurement. I am perfectly satisified with this set's black levels, even with cinema black pro shut off.

He saved these settings for both DVD and HD in the service menu. Doing this resulted in the little circles on the horizontal user menu bars being reset to the service menu setting. For example, when I now look at sharpness in the user menu, the little circle in now set at zero instead of what it was (25 I think).

Set is in PRO mode, warm setting.

Picture quality? GREAT!!!!!! with both DVD and HD. Noticeably better? YES.

He agrees the level of detail with source material is OUTSTANDING with HD over HDMI. There is no way yet to calibrate iLink, that he knew of, by the way. We ran out of time and could not look at any iLink HD material.

He agrees that test patterns are the way to set up the set, but the bottom line is that what YOU LIKE is the correct setting for YOU. If you like VIVID, and Cool color temperature, he never tells a client they are "wrong". He shows them the calibrated picture, points out the improvements, but always recommends you watch the set the way you like it best.

Cost was $400.
post #5455 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by nhey
O.K. guys - here it is - what you've all been waiting for....

Had my 006 calibrated today by Eliab Alvarez de la Campa (www.avical.com). He does national tours and is very well known.
Cost was $400.

Nice review and NICE cost.
Thanks for taking the time nhey.
Much appreciated.
post #5456 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by nhey
He was disappointed with "ringing" (due to the sharpness control) on both DVDs and HD material, and concluded that the sharpness control needs to be set at zero. I could see the test pattern improvements when he did this.

brt,
Plllllllllllease, wipe that grin off your face !
post #5457 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

In regards to NEWS on this thread,
why is it that it seems like it's either feast or famine?
Shessh between editor and nhey, I've had to brew another pot of java.

I've even forgotten about Artwood's compliment concerning the 006 awhile back.

Artwood - Good thing - the Sony Blu-ray's have far-ware.
The Lousy thing - the new Sony Hi-Def recorders due out towards the end of May don't.
post #5458 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

So nhey,
Did he keep the Color Space set on "Wide" prior to and AFTER calibration ?
post #5459 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Very interesting on the warm color mode; are whites pinkish after calibration? I stick with the neutral setting because whites go visibly pinkish when the set is on warm.

Thanks so much for the information!!!! I also like the sharpness at zero, no question for me about that.

Cheers
post #5460 of 17304 Old 05-04-2005, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

PM, you mean the HDD500? They still show 5/21 on their site!

Quote:

Originally posted by Penton-Man
In regards to NEWS on this thread,
why is it that it seems like it's either feast or famine?
Shessh between editor and nhey, I've had to brew another pot of java.

I've even forgotten about Artwood's compliment concerning the 006 awhile back.

Artwood - Good thing - the Sony Blu-ray's have far-ware.
The Lousy thing - the new Sony Hi-Def recorders due out towards the end of May don't.

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Sony

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page