==>>The Official JVC - DILA - Z/Gx86 Owners Thread<<== - Page 126 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3751 of 3767 Old 05-15-2011, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 61Z575 is starting to have problems. I got the TV in 2005 and within the first year my first bulb burned out and went out at least one more time after that. The bulb was replaced each time under warranty and the last time the bulb was replaced they also replaced some sort of board. Everything has been ok until recently (past couple of months) the color has been off. Since the TV doesn't get used as much as it used to, I've left it as-is. I noticed that if you let the TV run for a few minutes and then turn it off and then back on again the picture is ok. If the tv is turned off and turned on again within a short period (lets say an hour or so at the most) the picture is still ok. If I leave the TV off for around an hour or more, the color is off again when first turning on the unit. After examining the problem it looks as though when the color is off, green stays in the correct spot whereas both red and blue are aligned to each other but are both offset about 1/4 inch to left from green. I believe this means the convergence is off (I see from reviewing the service manual it says green is locked and can't be adjusted so maybe that's why red and blue are offset) Other than the fix I've been doing, is there anything in the service menu that will fix this? I wanted to experiment with the service menu but I lost the original remote and I haven't been able to get to the service menu with either my One-For-All remote or a Harmony remote. I don't want to buy a replacement OEM remote if there's nothing in the service menu that would help fix my problem and/or if there is a way to access the service menu with a One-For-All remote or a Harmony remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3752 of 3767 Old 06-17-2011, 07:02 AM

Is anyone local to the NYC Metro area (I am in NJ) that is in need of a stand for these tv's RKCILA5S (silver)? I also have a HD-52Z575 that the lamp just burnt out on that needs to go.

I am not posting this as a for sale, if someone knows of somewhere I can get rid of this please let me know. I posted a for sale add on craigslist but no luck. I would hate to throw these away, if someone wants them for a tiny donation and come pick them up that would be great.

PM me or leave a response here, stand is in great shape and I would hate to throw away.

Nevermind, TV and stand are gone.
post #3753 of 3767 Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 AM

Anybody had glitching or video tearing when using the HDMI input with a PC? I just bought a Lenovo X220 (stock i7-2620M graphics) with a DP++ output. Got myself a 28AWG DP-to-HDMI cable and hooked it up to my girlfriend's Vizio VX32L set: 1280x720 resolution displays perfectly with a little bit of horizontal overscan. Audio comes through clearly, too. But when I hook it up to my 52G786, the image tears frequently. The audio also skips or cuts every time the video glitch happens. In both cases, the video driver recognizes the set's model number and provides a recommended resolution. Any idea why this is happening on my JVC or what I can do to address/debug it?
post #3754 of 3767 Old 06-27-2011, 05:23 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobber View Post

Anybody had glitching or video tearing when using the HDMI input with a PC? I just bought a Lenovo X220 (stock i7-2620M graphics) with a DP++ output. Got myself a 28AWG DP-to-HDMI cable and hooked it up to my girlfriend's Vizio VX32L set: 1280x720 resolution displays perfectly with a little bit of horizontal overscan. Audio comes through clearly, too. But when I hook it up to my 52G786, the image tears frequently. The audio also skips or cuts every time the video glitch happens. In both cases, the video driver recognizes the set's model number and provides a recommended resolution. Any idea why this is happening on my JVC or what I can do to address/debug it?

JVC 52G786 HD-ILA Rear Projection (2004-2005 model) http://support.jvc.com/consumer/prod...lId=MODL027579 with 2011 Lenovo X220 Laptop? (stock i7-2620M graphics) with a DP++ output.

On a 61 (2005/2006 model..(can't remember the model number-sorry) I used to have that had HDMI (v1.3) IIRc worked fine via various pc's for the most part.

That HDCP el-crap-ola embedded into the HDMI datastream is most likely the cause/contributing factor. (Thanks Hollywood).
(Both devices must handshake and maintain handshake properly. HDMI is like two people talking in a room face to face- HDCP is like adding in several people talking to you and the other person-at the same time- in several different languages to boot with you and the other person trying to maintain the conversation. Me thinks HDMI over the years would have tons less "problems", devices could talk with each other if Hollywood hadn't gotten their way.)

I would assume you have tried powering on set first /and or pc first, maybe done a reset of setting to default etc.
And maybe you have totally removed power (unplug) set and let it sit... for a 1/2hr or more.

Lenovo X220 (stock i7-2620M graphics) with a DP++ output.

Image tearing frequently, with audio skipping at same time I would think indicates a problem on the PC side. With that said- 52G786 HDMI board (v1.3 HDMI?) might just not like the 2620M graphic chipset. (V2.xx HDMI?)

Unless someone else has some better options:
Run taskmanager, etc to see if there is something eating up cpu/gpu cycles- spike corresponding to glitch? Yes I know a long-shot.
Disable all unneeded programs running in background.
Play around with various settings /resolutions

Consider
52G786, HDMI/video processing board
-just doesn't like the 2620M
-is overheating
-has bad /weak capacitors....

Does the glitching occur COLD/HOT?

Components/incompatibilities

Cabling= "New" Lenovo X220 (stock i7-2620M graphics) with a DP++ output. etc.... "New" components cannot be relied upon until run at least 30-days... try another cable, try another PC.....

(Most laptops these days have a HDMI port- ask around and see if a friend has a unit you can borrow. If another PC works- you work problem from there.)

PS: Don't know if it will help, but somewhere in this thread should be instructions I posted many years ago on doing a HDMI RESET... Don't know if your unit is v1.3HDMI, but on early units (HDMI 1.3) was flaky... Symptom IIRC, Green/blank screens mostly / devices that would not play nice together.

Oh.... When you do get the units playing nice together, post in detail "The fix".
post #3755 of 3767 Old 07-02-2011, 04:47 AM

strider
exacty thing just started to happen to mine.
post #3756 of 3767 Old 07-03-2011, 04:16 PM

seems to go all day with a great picture once u get it started though.
anybody heard of this problem?
post #3757 of 3767 Old 07-18-2011, 03:36 PM

I wanted to report that I am going on 6.5 years with my 61Z786. I've had two bulbs replaced and a light-engine (all under warranty). The picture is still fantastic. I still have a new and unused JVC branded bulb if anyone is interested as I will be getting rid of this TV soon.

HDCP has stopped working and I need it for blu-ray and the Ceton InfiniTV card. The repair shop said it would be $1,000 to fix the HDCP problem (need a new system board). Not happy about it but what can you do. I would definitely be keeping it but the damn HDCP is necessary. It's always something with this TV!

PM me if you are interested in the bulb.
post #3758 of 3767 Old 07-18-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfeltes View Post

I wanted to report that I am going on 6.5 years with my 61Z786. I've had two bulbs replaced and a light-engine (all under warranty). The picture is still fantastic. I still have a new and unused JVC branded bulb if anyone is interested as I will be getting rid of this TV soon.

HDCP has stopped working and I need it for blu-ray and the Ceton InfiniTV card. The repair shop said it would be $1,000 to fix the HDCP problem (need a new system board). Not happy about it but what can you do. I would definitely be keeping it but the damn HDCP is necessary. It's always something with this TV!

PM me if you are interested in the bulb.

Same here. 6 years in and the HDCP stopped working. Had to set up my PS3 directly to the tv with component instead of HDMI, frustrating and too expensive to fix. Guess it's time to upgrade.
post #3759 of 3767 Old 09-13-2011, 03:11 PM

I'm resurrecting this old thread as I cannot find information anywhere else.

TV: HD-52G886
Symptom: No picture, NO fan noise.
Upon turning it on the lamp LED and Blue power light come on.
I can HEAR, yes hear, a "heartbeat" through the speakers as the relays
from one of the power boards click and try to reset.
The lamp LED blinks twice, the power light goes out and the lamp LED begins a fast blink.

Many searches and old posts later, several things from:
bad bulb - bad power board - CN310 connector - Lamp switch - IC3701
re-solder D9405 (I've yet to find this as it's not in the parts list) - bad main board "DD" etc.

Has anyone here actually fixed one of these? The last thing I want to do is start
replacing a bulb, ballast and then several PWBs in a 6 year old TV.

I have only 69v coming into ballast, and 59v coming out of it.
This measured to live ground. (AC ground not chassis ground.)
I believe it's to be 370v going in.
So bad power board???? SM says main board based on LED blink.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #3760 of 3767 Old 09-13-2011, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Good luck on fixing it, or finding someone who REALLY can fix it.

FWIW, I just saw a 70" LCD (LED, I think) at Costco. Vizio, I believe. <$2500.

Sigh. I hope my DiLA keeps soldiering on for another few years.

Reunite Pangea!
post #3761 of 3767 Old 09-13-2011, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
XBR800 Just curious, how many hours on the TV.
post #3762 of 3767 Old 09-15-2011, 02:43 PM

Sorry, don't know how many hours.

It belongs to a friend of my son.
He got it for free because the original owner didn't want to put any more
time or $$ into it when it "died".
It does appear to have been owned by a smoker, and had at least one previous bulb installed. The original owner thought it needed a ballast. Don't know how that thought came about. I would put one in if I had the right voltage to the ballast, which I believe to be 370v. I have nowhere near that, so I'm trying to go upstream.
A few things I've checked based on old posts are not bad. They were on the pwb that the
wall cord connects to.
I forget which fuse(s) I checked as suspect, can't find notes right now.

Service manual isn't as much help as I'd hoped. There are some flowcharts, but not a lot of actual instruction on how to test items.
More if-then type charts, which aren't making things easier.

Thanks for the help.
post #3763 of 3767 Old 11-28-2011, 12:16 AM

Hello...Longtime lurker first time poster.

I have a 61Z886 that I received as a factory refurb in late '05/early '06 after JVC determined it was cheaper to provide me an upgraded refurb TV than to continue in-home repairs on my previous (newly purchased, < 1 yr old) 65" rear proj TV.

My HDMI has never worked and I've lived to accept this. I may try a service menu reset after reading this thread when I get home

However, my real issue is that for a few months now I've had a small white "hump" in the center bottom of the screen, directly above the JVC logo. This "hump" has grown to sprout a white beam straight up the center of the TV; almost like a bad reflective light glare. It's not super noticeable when viewing the TV head-on, but is definitely apparent from any side angles. There is also a slowly worsening purple hue in the lower center of the TV too, and overall darkening of the entire bottom third or so of the TV to where things like my DirecTV channel guide used to be bright blue are now more of a darker navy blue.

There are only two factory authorized shops in my area; one wanted $110 just to drive over and diagnose the TV and I haven't yet called the other. Can anyone provide some advice as to what this issue may be so I can try to get a repair estimate? This is still my primary TV and everything else in the home is CRT, with a 36" Panasonic purchased in 2003 being the "top of the line" I have below this set. I'd really like to be able to keep this one going acceptably for another year or so hoping for a better price drop in newer technologies for similar size TVs.

Totally willing to get some photos of this if anybody is still alive in this thread and willing/able to help!
post #3764 of 3767 Old 09-11-2012, 05:26 PM

Sounds like the light engine is failing, one of the filters is burning through. Most likely not cost effective to repair.
post #3765 of 3767 Old 09-11-2012, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Or even possible. Especially since that post is almost a year old. I hope mine lasts a few more years, because I doubt repair parts are available.

Reunite Pangea!
post #3766 of 3767 Old 06-13-2014, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by navychop View Post
Or even possible. Especially since that post is almost a year old. I hope mine lasts a few more years, because I doubt repair parts are available.
Knock Knock....mine is still working great
post #3767 of 3767 Old 06-19-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the64gto View Post
Knock Knock....mine is still working great
I took delivery of mine on 4/12/05. It's still going strong, and we are quite happy with it as our main TV. I've been getting the "bulb going out" warning for at least 18 months now, but it still works. I have a spare for when the day actually arrives. I noticed shortly after I bought a replacement bulb for a friend, the price dropped by over half! I might keep an eye out, in case there's "close out specials."

Pretty good for a TV we expected to last 5 years! May it last many more!

Reunite Pangea!
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page