bluejeans cable.. ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 07-09-2005, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
so i got a 6 foot length of bluejeans cable to replace my older monster cable that doesn't reach with the new tower. Thing is when it came in, its not like it shows on the site. the plugs are suposed to be gold plated, but theyre not. They look like regular metal with a little gold on the clips on the inside.

what gives?

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/component/index.htm

the pictuer on the site clearly shows the whole thing being gold plated, how did everone elses come in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-09-2005, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Maybe it's my eyes, following your link, I see cables very close to your description:

"... regular metal with a little gold on the clips on the inside."

which is the same as their description of the connectors....

"Nine gold-plated spring surfaces squeeze the jack from all sides--firmly, but without excessive force--"
post #3 of 15 Old 07-09-2005, 01:03 PM

Is the part number on the cable you received the same as what's listed on the site? Maybe they sent you the wrong part in error.
post #4 of 15 Old 07-09-2005, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

look at the 3rd picture down. the whole things gold plated. mine only has gold plated pins in the middle

i dont know, it doesn't have a number on the cable, i'll go look for my packaging slip
post #5 of 15 Old 07-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
3rd picture doesn't show the whole thing is gold plated, it is the lighting that gives it the gold appearance. Look to the right of the 3rd picture and click the link that says "View Canare's description...etc. Here's the Link. The PDF has exact pictures of the RCAPs as used by Blue Jeans. If you still think you've been cheated, then Blue Jeans does have an unconditional money back guarantee. Other than looks, what are you hoping to gain from the entire connector being gold?

831 Blu-ray Discs
70 HD DVD Discs
796 DVD's

post #6 of 15 Old 07-09-2005, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzz#836
..Other than looks, what are you hoping to gain from the entire connector being gold?
Exactly. Great customer service, they will give your money back no problem, for any reason.
post #7 of 15 Old 07-09-2005, 02:21 PM

I would say regardless of the plating on the outside..... those connectors are of EXCELLENT quality and I can assure you that you are better off now than before..
post #8 of 15 Old 07-09-2005, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
None of those pictures show the entire plug being gold plated, the third one just kind of looks that way because of refelctions and light. But, if you look at the inside perimeter, those contacts are indeed gold. So the parts of the plug that transmit signal are gold plated.
post #9 of 15 Old 07-09-2005, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

hrm thats some weird lighting those all look gold. Oh well, ya i see in that pdf what your talking about, the picture qualitys pretty good, i think my original monsters were better but im not quite sure. its certainly better than the generic ones i had bought before. Guess i'll just keep them
post #10 of 15 Old 07-10-2005, 12:05 AM

I have ordered 3 sets of component cables from bluejeans and they have all shown up with the same connectors as you describe. I never got the impression that they were supposed to be gold plated before I ordered but now that you mention it i can see how someone could get confused looking at the picture. They give you the link to canare's website, i assure you there is no false advertising going on. Infact I was just so pissed off with monster's false advertising that I replaced all my monster s-video cables with blejeans. Monster claims thier monstervideo 2 cable is better than the ones that come in the box because the one in the box has bad shielding but the monstervideo 2 s-video cables are not shielded or inadequately shielded. Only thier deluxe and the THX ones are shielded!!

I have ordered most of my A/V cables from bluejeans and they all have the canare RCAP connectors the exact same ones. Blue jeans makes excellent cables.
post #11 of 15 Old 07-10-2005, 04:24 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosdabay
Monster claims thier monstervideo 2 cable is better than the ones that come in the box because the one in the box has bad shielding but the monstervideo 2 s-video cables are not shielded or inadequately shielded. Only thier deluxe and the THX ones are shielded!!
Not true, Monsters 2 are all shielded as well. They just don't have the copper braided shield like the higher end ones do. Thiseems to be the new norm, calling Monster Cables "No Better than what is in the box". This is all false. They most certainly are better. In fact, most of what they make is great stuff. Where the complaint comes in is the fact that they are VERY overpriced for what they do and Monster is a very litigious company when it comes to protecting their name.

831 Blu-ray Discs
70 HD DVD Discs
796 DVD's

post #12 of 15 Old 07-10-2005, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono
hrm thats some weird lighting those all look gold. Oh well, ya i see in that pdf what your talking about, the picture qualitys pretty good, i think my original monsters were better but im not quite sure. its certainly better than the generic ones i had bought before. Guess i'll just keep them
I've got a bunch of bluejeans cables in my system, and let me guarantee you that you will be very hard-pressed to find cables with better specs than these. They pick the cable and connectors that actually have documented performance measures that are top-notch for what you are using the cables for, certainly "better" performance than the monster. Will you see any visual benefits over your monster cables, maybe, maybe not, but at least you have the peace of mind that you are supporting a company that places more emphasis on quality and value than marketing and profits.

David Cooper
post #13 of 15 Old 07-10-2005, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzz#836
Where the complaint comes in is the fact that they are VERY overpriced for what they do and Monster is a very litigious company when it comes to protecting their name.
Seems to me they are very litigious when it comes to protecting the name "monster". After reading exactly how much they love to sue anyone and everyone that uses the name monster, I'll never purchase any of their products. They can kiss my monster butt.
post #14 of 15 Old 07-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoop1
Will you see any visual benefits over your monster cables, maybe, maybe not, but at least you have the peace of mind that you are supporting a company that places more emphasis on quality and value than marketing and profits.
I really like this statement, nicely done David.
post #15 of 15 Old 07-10-2005, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

But the real question is, will there ever be a BlueJeans Park? :D
Closed Thread Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page