Toshiba 65" Projection TV Model: 65H14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-27-2005, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello,

i am new to this fourms and have enjoyed reading what everyone has to say about the diffrent models and brands.

I am looking at this model, Toshiba 65" Projection TV Model: 65H14. My local store has it for $1499.00, but I dont know if I should buy this or get a smaller DLP. Can anyone offer me some advice on what I should do. I noticed that the Toshiba was not as clear or bright as the RCA 50" DLP, but I am limited in funds and $1600.00 is the most I can spend.

Please help...

Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.

TSOMERS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-27-2005, 06:11 PM

they are 2 different technologies:
---the dlp tends to be brighter and sharper but doesn't have black levels that are as good as the crt
---the crt has a "richer" picture, better colors and deeper blacks but is not as sharp or as bright (and isn't very good in bright rooms or rooms with a lot of light sources or reflections)
---the crt is susceptible to burn-in which means it's not a good choice for gamers
--the crt requires more "work" ie. convergence and fine tuning whereas the dlp pretty much just works right out of the box
--the crt is a behemoth especially at 65", it's huge whereas the dlp is much smaller and lighter
---i would look at the hitachi 51 or 57 crt which you can get very cheaply right now, it is arguably the best crt available
---or i like the toshiba 52hm84 dlp (see sound and vision for a recent review) which to my eyes is a very nice dlp
---both can be had in your price range (the toshiba will require some hard looking and maybe a nudge higher in price but there should be some good closeouts on this model as the new model is out now)

"If I'm curt, then I apologize"
post #3 of 4 Old 10-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

I was also looking at the same model and how does it compare in picture quality to the Hitachi 57S715??
post #4 of 4 Old 10-02-2005, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The DLP also has "rainbows". If you or anyone in your family sees them, forget it.
Closed Thread Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page